Bundaberg


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Bundaberg
July 28th 2011
Published: July 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday 26th July
Arrived in Bundaberg booking into the Glenlodge Caravan Park - 1 wk $189 (TT dis 18.90 - $170.10), spent the afternoon settling in. This park is a little out of town but the most friendliest welcome to a caravan park we have received since we started travelling - it is owned and run by a family.
We have a site down one end of the park backing onto a fence which means we do not have anyone parked behind us so we have a huge lawned area for our own use.
Wednesday - checked out the layout of Bundaberg - quite a big and busy town - drove out to Bargara which is a beach side town (about 10klms from Bundaberg) - very nice but looks very upmarket. The caravan park in Bargara is huge and fully booked at this time of the year.
Thursday 28 July - Did the Bundaberg Rum factory tour - excellent tour with a young lad who clearly loved what he was doing and was very informative. The tasting was the best part of course - there were so many different varieties to taste - we were only permitted 2 drinks so the driver would not be over the limit.
I had a White Bundy with lemon, lime and soda and Bundy with ginger beer (both very nice even for a non drinker) - John had a Dark & Stormy and a Dark Royal Liqueur - the liqueur was topped with a dash of cream and boy it was nice so we bought a bottle of this as you cannot buy it through a liquour store but I am afraid John will have to share it with me when ever he as a drink (Yum Yum). I don't think we will have any left to share around by the time we arrive home (sorry).
Every Thursday evening the caravan park has a sausage sizzle with a group playing music and singing - it cost a gold coin for charity - a great night meeting some of the other travellers and helping out a charity as well. It was a little cool but we had fires to sit around.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.213s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.1775s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb