Brisbane


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
September 26th 2006
Published: September 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

And so the travels begin!

Arrived in Oz after 5 plane meals, 3 hours sleep and a total of 28 hours of travelling, 6 of them next to an extremely smelly indian man who wouldn't believe I was anything other than a Philipino immigrant nurse (kept saying, "but what hospital do you work for? what hospital??") and the other 22 next to a grumpy woman trying to demand my aisle seat, who then sat groaning with her head in her hands for the whole journey when I wouldn't give it to her. Definitely do feel like am on the other side of the world!

Have been staying with my aunty in Brisbane for the last 4 days, which has been a whirlwind of activity. Have seen the sights of the city, been to the museum, taken a ferry along the river and stumbled upon an open air music festival with FREE wine and cheese tasting - I like this city! Although there aren't many sights to see, it's a really pleasant city and great to just wander around, especially with the perfect weather of 28 degrees every day!

Went to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary, the biggest of its kind in the world to see the cute cuddly koalas, kangeroos, wombats and tasmanian devils. Went animal crazy and was feeding the kangeroos, holding little chicks and cuddling koalas (though ended up smelling of koala all day - not nice!)

http://www.koala.net/photo/2409024554.htm

Yesterday went to Stradbroke Island, a haven for surfers, which also has huge long stretches of beach and we sat on the cliffs and watched whales and dolphins below - was gorgeous. Am working on the tan, which should be easy, since Brisbane hasn't had rain for the last 350 days! Also went up to Mount Cootha last night which has great views across the city - very romantic, but unfortunately didn't have any koalas to cuddle...

So after 4 days of being fed well by my aunty and having my washing done for me, am venturing off on my own to Fraser Island - typically, after 3 million days of hot sunshine, today chooses to be cloudy and predicting storms - not good!

Oh, and other highlight - watching Neighbours which is a few months ahead - v. exciting!




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



26th September 2006

go steph!!
basically you are not a very good boyfriend adam...........am glad ali has moved onwards and upwards to koalas.

Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0171s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb