Day 138 Australia, Frasier Island to Brisbane


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
April 3rd 2015
Published: April 6th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hello Family, Friends and blog readers,



We woke up before everyone in our room, as we had to be on the Premier bus at 7.40am. We had free pancakes at the hostel, gave back our plates and bed sheets and then waited in the rain for the bus. Neil lost his camel back and cap in one of the cars and they didn’t have anything in the lost property L.



The bus journey was quick, when we got to Noosa three hours later we asked the driver if anyone had not turned up and if we can stay on until Brisbane (as we had left it too late to book up accommodation in Noosa, and everything was full because it was Easter Friday). The driver said yes, so we got off the bus at 1pm in Brisbane at the main train and bus station. We then caught a local bus to Chapel Hill where my dad did some business with a man last year, Terry and his wife Robbie came over to England last year and we all went for a meal together. They have offered us their house while they are away for Easter at their unit on Surfers Paradise. We found the house on GPS on our phones; the Australian Sim card was the best thing we bought here.



When we arrived at the house, Robbie was there with her friend Mary. Robbie had driven back to the Chapel Hill to attend a Hen party for her daughter in-law to be. We said hello and dropped our stuff but needed some lunch so we were going to pop back down to Coles, however Robbie and Mary said everything would be closed on Easter Friday, so between them they found us lunch for sandwiches and both got meat out of the freezer for our tea tonight (thank you both so much).



Shortly afterwards Robbie left for the hen do, saying she would be going straight to the coast afterwards. Neil and I had a relaxing afternoon; we put some washing on, sorted out our bags and watched TV.



In the evening Neil cooked the steaks that Robbie had given us, and he made a rosti with the potato and onion we got from the fridge. We found a pool table in their games room down stairs, so we had a few games with a beer.



It’s a great house and we are so grateful we can stay here for the weekend!!!



Love V&N X


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb