UK and Mediterranean Trip


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
September 29th 2013
Published: September 29th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Hi Folks

Welcome to another trip blog.

We’re about to set off on anther adventure to the UK to see the Willow family and our gorgeous little granddaughter Bess. It’s been about 18 months since we've seen each other so we’re very excited.We leave Brisbane tomorrow and return in November.

The Willows live in a village called Ampney Crucis at the edge of the Cotswalds. The town has a population of 636 and apart from being Willow headquarters, is famous for its ancient medieval cross (circa 1410) in the churchyard (see photos). The cross head was hidden for several centuries in the loft inside the church, probably to keep it safe from Puritan purges in the post-Reformation era. The cross was rediscovered in 1840 and replaced in the churchyard in 1860. Gosh and we think 100 year old buildings are old!!

Cleo is having one of her legion of fans, Julie to stay over. We stocked up on beer and cat food for them yesterday!!

I don’t know if you've caught up with the fact that we have been bitten by the cruise bug; we are going on a cruise to the Western Mediterranean too. I've
Cruise itinerary Cruise itinerary Cruise itinerary

This might be a bit faint but it will give you an idea of where we are going
included a photo so you can see where we are going. I can't wait to be waited up, cooked for, have my bed made etc...... I must remember to go to the awesome gym this time and not the awesome buffets. :-)

We are sailing on Adventure of the Seas, a Royal Caribbean Cruise Liner. It has a gross tonnage of 137,276 and has 15 decks. In other words, its humongous!! I've added a few photos so you can see what luxury we are going to enjoy oh and yes, there are all those wonderful places to visit. The first port is Cannes and we can get to Monaco from there. I REALLY want to do that. I want to see the Place Princess Grace lived. It always looked so beautiful in the photos. Might avoid the casino though.

I will be celebrating birthday month in in Europe this year!!! How excitement (as Kath and Kim would say)!

love to you all as we set forth into a chilly UK autumn.

pj and sandy


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Adventure of the SeasAdventure of the Seas
Adventure of the Seas

This beautiful ship will be our home for two weeks!!


Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0203s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb