Socialising on a school night


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
February 7th 2013
Published: February 13th 2013
Edit Blog Post

I am feeling rather achy this morning after yesterday’s yoga. Today I am working on writing up the notes from several waste audits that Jae has been doing at one of the landfill sites over the last few days. Matching up the docket notes from the trucks coming in to the arrival times was a bit of a jigsaw but between Jae and myself we managed it. Luckily the lady in charge of providing the docket information at the landfill had kept the dockets for the different days separate else that could have proved a rather large puzzle!

This evening was the launch of street food in Brisbane, with lots of fresh homemade food stalls and live music. Jae and some friends were going and he invited Rowena, Matt and myself along. Rowena didn’t fancy going, but I thought it would be nice to do something different so I went along and had a great evening. Jae and his friends were great company and I felt very welcome which was nice. Unfortunately however the event had been a bit more popular than the organisers anticipated and the food sold out long before we arrived. Undeterred however we all headed to china town and went to one of the guys (Josh) favourite restaurant there, and as he had lived in China for a while it was a good choice, the food was scrumptious. After dinner a few of the party headed home whilst Jae, Brad, Josh and I headed to a bar. We spent the rest of the evening sitting in the outdoor area of the bar chatting away not getting home until 2am.

Through-out the course of the evening, amongst many topics of conversation it emerged that I hadn’t yet visited Byron Bay – one of the world famous surfing and beach destinations. Jae and Brad being some of Byron’s top fans were horrified and so it was decided that a camping and surfing trip to Byron was in order, and was scheduled for the weekend…..talk about spontaneous!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.082s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb