Arrived Brisbane safely but tired


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
July 1st 2012
Published: July 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

30th June

It's lucky that the typhoon Doksuri missed HK and went inland at a high speed which rendered no serious impact on the study tour.

As scheduled, all 15 students, accompanied by their parents, gathered at the airport terminal on 30th June morning. The students were all with excitment on their faces, while parents kept nagging their children to be a good boy/girl during the trip, and most important, to speak more in English.

With 30+ mins delay, the plane finally took off at ~13:30 and started our Aussie Tour.

The plane landed at Brisbane International Airport at local time ~23:30. There were only 2 immgration officers to serve 300+ passengers. It took almost an hour for us to pass the immgration and the customs check.

When out in the arrival hall, the students were handed over to the host families and driven home in the shortest time so that they could take a quick shower before going to bed.

There were altogether 9 host familes accomodating 18 people. I stay with Anthony, the tour leader, at one of the host families while Connie stay at another one alone.

The next day is Sunday and there will be no class for the students. So they will stay with their host families the whole day.



1st July

A nice day. Sunny, clear sky, a little chilly in the morning. Rented a car and drove myself and Anthony to the city centre. Connie went out with her host family and didn't join us.

As advised by John, Connie or I did not try to contact the host families and let the students experience and explore the new environment on their own.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb