Arriving in Brisbane


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
May 22nd 2012
Published: June 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

We woke up to a grey and rainy day in Noosa so we packed up our bags and headed down for the free breakfast before checking out and spending the morning in the lounge area making the most of the free Internet. We stole some bread from breakfast (again!) to make sandwiches and ate those in the hostel, along with the last of Will's chocolate birthday cake and caught a shuttle bus to the transit centre at around lunchtime for a 3 hour journey to Brisbane.

We were staying at the YHA which is at the top of a hill on the river, overlooking the city. The hostel wasn't far from the bus station and it was nice and sunny when we arrived, so we decided to walk the short distance up the hill and checked in. Once we had dropped off our bags we grabbed a map from reception and made our way into the city centre to take a look around.

We passed by the tourist info centre in the city and booked up a couple of tours for the following day and after a little exploring we made our way back to the hostel for dinner, passing by Coles on the way to pick up a few ingredients and ate dinner on the roof of the building with views over the river and the city. Not long after we had finished our dinner one of the staff came into the dining room offering free pizza's that were left over from a conference they were holding earlier in the evening so of course Will happily accepted one of the free pizza's.

After dinner we spent the evening playing Pool in the hostel where Jo was pleased to win 1 against Will before Jo's taunting became too much and he won a couple of games for himself.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb