A 21st and a Sad Goodbye


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
November 15th 2011
Published: February 27th 2012
Edit Blog Post

So this time it was Sebs turn to celebrate his special coming of age with friends and family at home. We decked the garden with candles and lanterns and we all enjoyed a delicious bbq banquet and toasted Sebs birthday wishes under the stars. It was lovely to see so many of his friends and be part of such a hppy occasion, they all seem to enjoy their drink and they were all well tanked up when the taxis arrived to take them to the Vally for some serious clubbing! Needless to say we were quite happy to tidy up and have an early night!

Seb was given a lovely watch from his brothers and money from family and friends to put towards a bungey jump which he planned to experience in New Zealand over the Christmas break.

We also had a very pleasant evening with close family and girlfriends enjoying a meal on our tiny deck on his actual birthday, so a good time was had by all.

We also had to face the sad realisation that Cieran was no longer able to stay in Australia with his existing visa as he did not qualify for any other immigration criteria, despite him having all his family living in Australia, he was the wrong age, had no skill on the shotage list and could not stay working for the same company for more than six months which basicly made us all feel helpless, despite appealing to our local MP and trying to find a way for him to continue to live with us here in Brisbane. Despite all these negative setbacks Cieran was very positive about returning to the UK and looking forward to the challenge of finding work and living in London.

So with departure on December 17th we celebrated an early Christmas meal with all the family and shared the giving of presents and cards. Needless to say the table was decked with Christmas lights and candles and we all enjoyed a happy evening. It is so hard to feel in the Christmas mood overhere when the seasons are all back to front and we are wearing shorts and t-shirts and struggle with the haet and hunidity, not a hoar frost in sight and the usual family and friends are seated along side us.

Farewells at the airport was difficult especially when it is
Squashed!Squashed!Squashed!

Sitting outside on our little deck having a meal to celebrated Sebs actual birthday
uncertain when we will see each other again, thank goodness we can talk on Skpe. Atleast Kate can look forward to being reunited in March when she will join Cieran for two years and live and work in London with him. Who knows he may get his visa a different way being with Kate , an Australian girlfriend?!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Boys and GirlsBoys and Girls
Boys and Girls

There are no longer just boys in the family we have some beautiful and lovely young ladies too!
Farewell BreakfastFarewell Breakfast
Farewell Breakfast

With time in hand before Cierans departure we were able to share a breakfast meal together.


27th February 2012

Sebs Birthday
Happy Birthday Seb - have a cool tinny on us. Good wishes as always to all the gang Tony, Jane, Adam and Harry PS Adam watches Tristans MMA fights on line and enjoys them. He had his first competition yesterday for Hull against York - lost on a decision (he couldn't work out - said he throw him all over in the 1st and third rounds - refs always right even when he's wrong!)
3rd March 2012

Aesop, Bananas and Cream
Well, I'm sorry that Cieran was unable to find a visa-friendly opportunity to stay in Australia, and I expect that swapping the banana tree in the garden for buying bananas in the market in Hoxton will take some getting used to. However, the fact that he has a media job working for Aesop who make special face creams for ladies of my age, has given me new hope. Also, I might get to have a pint with him and his girlfriend when I go out towards that area. The sun also shines in England.

Tot: 0.182s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0881s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb