Brisbane


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
April 19th 2011
Published: April 19th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Brisbane was always going to be a quick stop.  We arrived about 10am and were on our way again by 3pm.  Previously in Byron the girls had bought a guitar as Debs could play and Caz wanted to learn and  as we exited the bus station, this guy asked us if we were carrying a flute, I joked and said no it's an oboe and we got talking.  We asked him where was best to go in Brisbane when we only had a few hours, and he explained that it would be a good idea to go across the river over to the Suth Bank to go on the Brisbane Wheel. 

We managed to get over the river see the Wheel, but when we got there it was shut and didn't open till 11am so instead we walked along the river for a bit.  There were noticeable signs of flood water damage and there was a lot of rebuilding going on which was great to see.

While we sat by the river, the girls started practicing with the guitar and then a lady from New Zealand came along and started chatting to them,  she explained that she could play the guitar and she sat down and started playing this beautiful New Zealand song in her native language.  It was very nice to see and something that I had missed since Byron Bay.  Interaction with complete strangers !! Video coming soon.

After that we crossed the river, went for something to eat and then found this awesome little cocktail bar in the middle of the main shopping mall.  Debs and Caz had a cocktail each and I had a beer.  We also had some desert in the form cheesecake and chocolate mud cake which we all loved.

It was a brief visit in Brisbane but much better than the two nights in Surfer's which I was glad for.  Next stop off to Noosa 😉

Photos coming soon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0489s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb