My First week in ... Bris-Vegas!!! :)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
June 4th 2009
Published: June 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hey everyone,
Sorry its been a while, trying to get on here once a week to do an update as internet isn't exactly cheap and I havn't had a huge amount of time so...
Arrived in Brisbane on Thursday last week!! Rob met me at the train station which was sooo crazy to think he was actually there, complete surprise aswell as i had missed all 4 of his phone calls and had no idea he was going to be there.
We headed to "Chill" the hostel where he has been working, i checked in and dumped my stuff in the room then headed up onto the roof for a few drinks and a long catch up about our travels!!
The view from the roof is great actually, especially at night. We then headed out to a local club called Down n Under for a few more drinks ang a celebration really. Was a good night.. had a fair amount of alcohol and a little dance before walking home singing Michael Jackson at the top of our voices, stopping to get a mcdonalds and then crawling back into the hostel in the early hours of the morning.

The week has been really great, took a few walks down into the city, drank a fair amount of "goon" (cheap boxed wine) as every other form of drink is very expencive! I have learn't how to shop and cook for myself which has been crazy!! I feel quite proud actually to be doing my own food shopping... and then cooking it just tops the whole thing off really!!!
I've met some really great people and having rob here has just been so fun.. most of the time.
Went to the casino.. didn't spend any money but did enter a few draws and just watched the entertainment, is a good way to spend some time. Been shopping etc and spent alot of time just walking round the city, walking over the bridge over the river which is beautiful, watching films in the hostel with everyone and just chilling out!!
We have been planning our road trip up the east coast and finally planned to get 2 vans from a company called Wicked... really cheap.. basically doing 1045 miles in 22 days, sleeping in 2 vans. WICKED! 😊 can't wait. Booking that tomorrow.. exciting!!!
Today I went to the Australian Zoo.. the one that Steve Irwin and his family ran, was great fun, early start though which wasn't so great. Met Steve's son Bob which was cool, fed more kangaroo's, fed elephants, watched otters getting fed, watched a crocodile show and a bird show which was great fun.

So yeah this week has just been learning how to fend for myself, getting used to the slow life of Australia, not cramming loads in, drinking and ya no.. just Chilling!!
Speak soon 😊
Love love x


Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0387s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb