Australia in summer time!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
January 10th 2009
Published: March 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

BrisbaneBrisbaneBrisbane

The main arcade in downtown Brisbane.
We made it to the land down under.

The flights were surprisingly comfortable. We flew with Thai Air from Athens to Bangkok and then from Bangkok to Brisbane. Thai Air is one of the cheaper airlines yet their planes were really nice and their service included free drinks. The food was reasonable (not spectacular, to be expected) and they just kept it coming. It was an endless supply of meals and snacks and we couldn't even keep up. The second leg of the trip also had a seat-back video game system so we spent most of the trip playing classic Nintendo games. We only slept 1-2 hours the whole way and arrived in Brisbane at 11:30pm so the jet lag was minimized.

The first thing we noticed walking out of the airport in Brisbane was the heat, and it was glorious! We booked a shuttle from the airport to downtown and managed to check into a hostel. It was a party place but we were in no mood and slept through the noise coming form the bar downstairs.

In the morning we had some shopping to do before heading out to the Belcam Warmblood Stud farm where we'd
BrisbaneBrisbaneBrisbane

The big city ... it really does look like Vancouver doesn't it?
set up jobs. The main street in Brisbane is a mix of indoor/outdoor malls with thousands of shops, so we were in the right spot. We picked up new thongs, sunglasses and shorts for Jay ... typical new Aus tourists eh?!

Brisbane itself looks a lot like Vancouver; lots of new skyscrapers built around restored heritage buildings and plenty of green space. We only have the one day in Brisbane though as we are headed straight out to the farm, once we can figure out how to get there!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 65; dbt: 0.1165s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb