Brisbane


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane » Southbank
March 11th 2015
Published: March 11th 2015
Edit Blog Post

5/3 Despite going out last night I managed to get up early, pack my bags and get my bus to Brisbane. I got to my hostel about midday where Kennedy was already there waiting for me. We got the bus into town so that Kennedy could book her east Coast trip up to cairns, hopefully at the same time as me. We managed to get all the same hostels and we're going to be travelling to all the same places at the same times, the only thing is the Fraser Island and Whitsundays trips I'm booked into were full so Kennedy is doing it at the same time just with different companies. I'm happy with that though because we both get to travel together but also spend some time apart to make other friends which is good- we get the best of both worlds then: solo travelling and travelling with a friend. The bus back to the hostel was an hours wait so we decided to walk back which was not a good decision. It was 38 degrees and the walk took us 50 minutes so by the time we got back we were way too hot, sweaty and thirsty! We needed an hour or so to cool off and relax after the torturous walk before we made dinner. We got ready to go out and then went down to the bar to have some drinks. However when we got there we realised how expensive drinks were and quickly changed our minds. The hostel has its own bar which means we can't drink our own alcohol which is so annoying. They charge $9 for a pint of cider which is ridiculous! There's no way backpackers can afford to drink on those prices. We did the quiz at the hostel and then just stayed in because we'd rather save our money for the festival on Saturday.

6/3 Today we had to go back into town so Kennedy could pick up her vouchers from Peterpans for her East Coast trip. While we were there we looked for a camera for me and I finally found a waterproof camera- so happy!! We got the bus back to the hostel this time because there was no way we were doing that walk again. After lunch we went to Southbank which was a nice place full of restaurants and bars. There's also a man made beach with a lagoon which was so pretty. The water was chlorine instead of saltwater which was nice and it was so warm. I got to test out my new camera and it's so good yay! There were little market stalls along the Main Street so we had a look at those before we headed back. We had a chilled evening in so we could get ourselves ready for Future Music Festival tomorrow.

7/3 Festival day!! We got ready and went down to the bar for 10 o'clock where everyone from the hostel who was going to the festival was meeting so we could all travel together. The hostel did cooked breakfasts which was amazing- haven't had a breakfast that good in weeks! We finally left at 12 to get the train and by that point we were desperate to get there because we were so excited. The whole day was amazing!! We saw Kiesza, Sigma, Darude, Martin Garrix, Knife Party, The Prodigy, Avicii and lots of others. The weather was perfect because it was sunny all day not too hot luckily. We wanted to go to the after party but it was so dusty by the time it finished we were filthy so couldn't wait to get back and have a shower. When we got off the train there were no buses running so we had to walk back to the hostel but we found a shorter route and in the dark it was actually a nice walk.

8/3 Once we'd found the energy to get up today we went to Aldi to do a food shop. We made ourselves lunch and then went back down to the lagoon to relax all afternoon. We went for a walk around the area and saw a temple from Nepal which was really pretty. We were both really tired from yesterday so spent most of the day chilling out.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0549s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb