Exploring Brisbane


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane » Southbank
June 24th 2013
Published: June 25th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Mr FourexMr FourexMr Fourex

Getting to know the face behind the Brewery pre-tour
Today was the official launch of our Origin build up – the milestone that signalled this momentous state of affairs was a visit to the famous XXXX Brewery located just a Cooper Cronk 40/20 from the spiritual home of Queensland Rugby League – Suncorp Stadium! We also had ride on the Wheel of Brisbane, and cruised the City Cat up and down the Brisbane River. Full on day!

But firstly we woke up to good news as Jeanette was feeling much better after a good night’s sleep and was a keen for a day of exploring!

XXXX BREWERY

We decided to public transport it today, starting with a train trip from Enoggera Station which is near Don and Sue’s place in the northern suburbs to the city. The trip went smoothly and we had just one train change to get to Milton Station which is right across the road from the XXXX Brewery. The Brewery (owned by New Zealand Brewing giants Lion Nathan) is an impressive building.

The tour was well worth it. Our guide was very friendly and knowledgeable. The tour started with video presentations on the origins of beer and also history of the Castlemaine
XXXX TastingXXXX TastingXXXX Tasting

Jeanette, Sue, me and Don enjoying a end of tour XXXX beer tasting - very nice!
XXXX Brewery. From there we wound our way through the Brewery covering all aspect of production from ingredients at the beginning of the process through to the bottling and packaging at the end. There were a fair few stairs to negotiate but we got to have a thorough look around. At the end the obvious highlight was a free tasting session in the Breweries bar. A great start to the day!

SOUTH BANK – BRISBANE CBD

From the Brewery we took the short trip to South Bank, a riverside area that was the location of Expo Australia in 1988. After expo it was redeveloped into a lovely, vibrant area on the banks of the Brisbane River. First stop was the Wheel of Brisbane. Modelled on the London Eye but nowhere near the size (more of a giant Ferris wheel), the Wheel gave some excellent views over the surrounding area. In total we did four rotations so had plenty of time to soak up the sights.

From there we enjoyed a very nice Pub lunch before jumping onto a City Cat River Ferry. The Ferries wind their way up and down the main section of the Brisbane River,
Mid Winter Brisbane Mid Winter Brisbane Mid Winter Brisbane

South Bank central Brisbane. Not much different from a Wellington winter!
we had great views of the CBD, riverside parks and buildings. The ride gave us a great perspective on central Brisbane. We also had a wander around the city centre before jumping on the train and heading home.

Tomorrow we’re off to Australia Zoo – CRICKEY!

Advertisement



25th June 2013

Brisbane
Sounds like you guys had a great day. Looking forward to hearing about the Australia Zoo adventure!

Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1067s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb