Family Wedding


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane » Kangaroo Point
November 11th 2011
Published: November 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The Bridal CarThe Bridal CarThe Bridal Car

Guess who thrives on V8 racing? These thunder machines really made te courtyard reverberate.
Remembrance Day was truly a day to remember!
The previous Sunday evening we caught the Jet Star red eye special from Perth to Brisbane for Marg’s niece’s wedding. The flight was over 2 hours late leaving, but was as good as you will ever get with only the odd pothole. Four hours flying time as against 14 days when we drove across in the motorhome, both cheaper and quicker!
The wedding day was fine and warm, the ceremony and celebrations very family and intimate.
We all know that brides scrub up pretty good, and Maree was no exception. Our niece has always had pretty eyes, and today they really sparkled. The ivory silk dress shimmered under the lights and was really quite glamorous.
Corey, groom scrubbed up well too and glowed all evening, but I suspect was a little nervous during the ceremony.
Kelly, the bride’s sister was bridesmaid and looked smashing. We just loved the slender red dress. Once the main festivities were completed her happy feet just wanted to dance all night.
Thanks Kathy and John for a great event. We loved all the decorations and hand crafted hearts we all received. These must have taken ages to make,
Finally I have arrivedFinally I have arrivedFinally I have arrived

Stepping out from the Bridal Car
so we have put ours aside as happy memory reminders.
The photos taken were on my new Canon SX40 HS – it’s first outing. I am impressed with the quality of low light photos taken without flash. I have compared some from other cameras, and there is no doubt in my mind that this camera is a big improvement over the Canon SX10 IS I used previously.



Additional photos below
Photos: 34, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Two flower girlsTwo flower girls
Two flower girls

Anishka (right) and Holly
Entering for the ceremonyEntering for the ceremony
Entering for the ceremony

Kelly assists Maree in for the ceremony.
The Bridal EntryThe Bridal Entry
The Bridal Entry

John proudly escorts Maree into the ceremony.
3 cousins3 cousins
3 cousins

Two are still on the market!


Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb