Birdsville


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Birdsville
June 26th 2009
Published: July 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

In Birdsville we went out to Big Red, which is a big sand dune of the Simpson Desert and it is really red. Birdsville locals say it is a tourist attraction for sunset. We climbed up, but Mum stayed in the car because we didn’t know if it was Big Red at first. Once we did, we told Mum to come up, but she got stuck a third of the way up. She forgot to put the car in 4WD before attempting the climb. So she called to Dad and he reversed down and raced up the sand dune. I was standing at the side watching Dad go bump to bump to get to the top. We had tea at the famous Birdsville Hotel. Mum and Dad had a delicious steak. Back to camp and then to bed.

In the morning we went to the Working Museum. There were a lot of old things from before I was born. I enjoyed it. There were a couple of machines, bits and bolts to go with them. We saw a mule pull a wheel to drive the chaff cutter. The mule wasn’t being too nice and not pulling it for the owner. He had a whip and he cracked it and said “Get up, get up, get up”.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0518s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb