On The Wallaby


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Atherton Tablelands » Yungaburra
December 22nd 2007
Published: December 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Tues 20th Nov:
Early start to drop Sheila at garage for 0800. Walked back into city and back to the internet cafe to kill a few hours. Back to mall to pick up a few things then finally on the road, heading for the Atherton Tablelands and the hostel, On The Wallaby in Yungaburra.
The drive was only 100km so we couldn't understand why we were told the drive would take approx. 2.5hrs. We got as far as Gordonvale and then we understood. We began climbing and winding around hairpin bends and this continued for about 90mins. I probably took an extra hr on top of that as the views were outstanding and I kept making Laz stop so I could take photos. After climbing 900m we eventually began to descend and the road straightened out, thankfully!
3hrs later we arrived at our hostel. Quiet evening there before activities tomorrow.

Weds 21st Nov:
Breakfast then headed off to see the Curtain Fig Tree, they're so original with names over here! Then onto the roadhouse to collect our mountain bikes to do a 12km cycle down to Lake Eacham and the surrounding area. There were some serious hills en route but proud to say that Laz went the distance.
With my knee beginning to ache we decided to head back to the roadhouse and onto hostel for a relaxing afternoon and a cushion to sit on, a few hours on a bike had taken its toll on my well padded ass!!!
Few things to sort out before "the road trip" begins tomorrow.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Laz in action...Laz in action...
Laz in action...

Well, as active as he gets!!


Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 17; qc: 67; dbt: 0.0601s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb