Airlie Beach


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Airlie Beach
September 19th 2011
Published: September 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Sunday 18th Sept
As John did not have to start his new job until Tuesday we deceided to check out Airlie Beach for a couple of days and stayed at a very nice B&B on the hill.
This cost us $135 pn and was just beautiful - the house was perched up on the hill just behind Airlie Beach (walking distance into town) and our room was called the pool view room and was on the ground floor overlooking the pool and fantastic views over the ocean across to the islands.
We walked into town and had lunch at the Yacht Club overlooking the ocean then went for a walk along the water front on their lovely walk trail. Then headed back to the B&B for a swim in our own personal pool as we were the only ones staying. Checked out the rest of the town in the afternoon, just a beautiful place but very touristy. The next morning we had breakfast on the balcony, just beautiful.
On our way home on Monday we checked out Cedar Creek Falls but unfortunatly as there has been no rain there was also no water fall but still a nice drive out to it, checked out Conway beach as well.
On the way to Airlie Beach we called into Midge Point (why would any stay here with a name like that) but it is a very nice beach and a beautiful caravan park right on the beach which has recovered quite well after receiving quite a bit of damage from the last cyclone.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.175s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.12s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb