Noosa, Rainbow Beach (Fraser Island), Bundaberg and Agnes Water (Castaway)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Agnes Water
January 9th 2016
Published: January 9th 2016
Edit Blog Post

23rd of February-Happy Birthday to Claire! 😊 I feel a little bit guilty that Lynn is missing is Daughters Birthday to be out here with me but I guess it is a once in a lifetime opportunity 😊 I can't believe I had to leave Lynn early this morning and get the Greyhound without him...I so wanted us to do his first journey together. But thanks to the stupid cyclone it was not meant to be! I was so tired from getting up early that I just chilled with my music and didn't socialise with anyone. I then caught a lift to the hostel, had a snack and then decided it would be a good plan to get some sunbathing time in before Lynn's bus got in in the afternoon. Bit inappropriate to be half naked in front of him and I wore my Aussie bikini to work on my white bits. So I'm sat there catching some rays and this super fit guy from California starts flirting with me and I just knew I was in there! So he invites me to the beach with him and I so wanna go but have to decline as I gotta meet Lynn from the bus...absolutely devastated!

So we're walking to Lynn's motel which is just across the road from me and the American guy is sat outside a coffee shop and says hi....I so did not act cool! Cringe! I decided to pay twenty five bucks towards a private bus to get me to Rainbow Beach tomorrow in case he greyhound isn't running as it was only going as far as Noosa today. After we dropped Lynn's stuff off we made the trek to the beach....and let me tell you it was a long bloody way in the blistering heat! I was so tired and grumpy on the way back and a bit snappy which I felt bad about afterwards. We both had showers and headed to an Irish pub up the road so we could have some pub grub..then I was happy. I went to bed at like 8pm as I was totally pooped and had to be up early in the morning...again. I did look for the American guy beforehand but no joy..gutted.


24th of February-Happy 5th Birthday to Kaz's little one Karyad! 😊 So I was up early, packed and off to see Lynn for brekkie. I hen caught the hostel bus to the Greyhound which was thankfully up and running so saved me another twenty five bucks. I had to leave Lynn behind again as he could only shift his accommodation and not cancel a night. So we're going to use the extra one together in Rainbow Beach after I've finished my Fraser Island tour. So the bus dropped me off right outside my dingos hostel which is just amazing! They have their own Peterpans office at the front so I chilled in there for a while uploading photos to Facebook. We had a meeting in the bar in the afternoon to meet our car groups and find out all the info for the trip. There's a lovely Finish girl called Hanna who's a psych nurse. There are a couple of boring German girls who are really religious and don't drink...boring! There's a really funny guy from Taiwan...now he's gonna be a card when we get him pissed! We had burritos and a pint for dinner before nipping to the shops for marshmallows for toasting on the campfire when we go on our trip. I had one more drink and a game of pool before settling for the night. Lynn has finally learned how to iMessage from his iPad so all is well 😊 We even had a little FaceTime. I didn't want to go to bed as people were singing on karaoke but I wasn't drunk enough to join in. It always makes me sad that I don't sing anymore. I had a shave and a pamper before bed and the whiny German girl was moaning about the lights but I had to sort my shit out. I mean why do people ask you to turn the lights out when you are clearly not finished.

25th of February-So it was up early, sheets in, bags in, valuables in and off we went to breakfast with our mini bags packed for the trip! We got free pancakes this morning which were of course lush. We then had a talk and made our way out to our jeeps. We had to get all our food and drink we'd ordered, put it in eskies (Aussie word for cooler) and pack up the trailers. We're in he lead car which means we don't get to drive it. I didn't actually realise that the other cars wouldn't get a guide in them. Those poor people are actually driving all the time. We boarded the ferry barge to get over to Fraser and my gosh the man in charge of it was a grump! I just couldn't resist winding him up :p We took a lunch stop not long after and I enjoyed engaging in a little bitch by the toilets about some of the other girls...never gets old! The Germans completely took over the prep of the food but hey who cares? As long as you get to eat right? We then drove to Lake McKenzie which was just gorgeous! The group of girls I've made friends with were thrilled when they heard I had a go pro so insisted I grab it to take some underwater shots of us. We also asked this guy to take pics of us jumping in he air but some of our boobs fell out...you should've seen his face! Can't wait to see those bad boys! That's the best thing about a go pro....you can't see them straight away so it's like you have to get them developed like the old days. Apart from me and Hanna our bus is quite boring...I wish the English girls were on it instead...they're a right laugh and there's a really sweet girl called Ellie too. When we arrived at the camp there was a scary Abo man who threatened all the boys to stay away from the girls...he swore a lot. Our guide looked like he didn't really know what to say. After showers and dinner we all sat around the fire drinking goon. I drank a bit more than I planned to and got chatting to some Swedish boys from a different car.

26th of February-Now I know they said to keep our tents closed at night but it was sweltering so I just had to stick my feet out...no bites though and nothing crawled in. So I had a bit of a hangover so didn't eat much this morning and it didn't help when this stuck up English girl called Grace started having a go at everyone for not cleaning up. I meant don't do it all and then fucking moan! Our first stop was Eli Creek and who do I bump into? Only Lynn on his day trip! I mean what are the odds? I was so excited that I forgot to get at least a selfie with him-boo! After we said our goodbyes we got into the lake which was freezing but nice and it was one of those lazy river flows so off we drifted. We got the boys to take some photos of us again and then made our way to the Maheno shipwreck which is like one of the biggest attractions on the island. We managed to fill up our water at Eli Creek as its that clean 😊 I was in a super bad mood at the wreck though because I'd asked our guide Craig if he could ask e other cars to let me have a go at the driving and he was blabbering on about it not being his job. I mean I just really wanna drive on the beach! So I very nearly had a bf (bitch fit).

We watched planes landing on the island which is pretty cool and then went for a little walk up a mountain where I saw a turtle in the waves...so cool! We then ran out of water so I had a little freak out and Craig gave me some of his bless him. Then we were on our way to the local shop when another group stopped to let us know that one of their jeeps had crashed and people were being air lifted to hospital...serious stuff! We had our lunch and stocked up on treats and booze. I told the snobby Oxford bitch (Grace) where to go when she made another snide comment at me...put her in her place! When we got home that evening we cooked dinner quickly and then grabbed some showers before sitting down with everyone for drinking games. The night was a bit of a flop but we are a good bunch after all 😊 I met some really annoying boys around the fire that thought they were gods gift and they were so not! I took myself off to bed then and sorted out that I would be driving the first leg in the morning with the Swedish guys so I was happy 😊

27th of February-Happy Birthday Rich! 😊 So I finally got to drive on the sand woo! So then I could stop stropping. Grace was the only one in the car who pissed me off really. She was all like 'well it's just like driving at home'-well not really ya silly little bitch. The only bit I got a bit freaked on was when I had to drive over a little creek with rocks and water....bit wobbly! We stopped at Lake Wabby which was an absolute trek up the sand dunes but then you got to go down a massive hill into it....loads of people were rolling down the hill into it and all I kept thinking was watch your necks! Nurse alert! On the way back a group of us went the wrong way and we like an hour late getting back to the jeeps....I looked like a beetroot, had burnt feet from how hot the sand had got and was severely dehydrated. Craig was quite worried about us and the rest of the group just looked like they were gonna kill us. Some of the guys blamed it on Craig which I thought was a little unfair bless him.

So I was then back in my lead car where I belonged and we ramped up the tunes-even the German girls let loose a bit. One silver lining of today is that I'll having a cracking tan 😊 When we were on the ferry on the way back to Rainbow Beach I drew all our nationalities in the dirt on the back window which I thought was sweet of me. I've made a couple of really nice friends. When we got back I knew Lynn was waiting for me but I was desperate for a dip in the pool and a good shower. Then I made my way over to his motel. After we'd eaten fish and chips I fibbed and said I wanted an early night when really I was planning on drinking goon back at Cool Dingos :/ Don't judge me! We weren't meant to drink our own booze at the hostel and got caught by the security guard so had to toss it...we then made our way outside to chill on the benches. My Finish friend Hana pulled and everyone else dropped like flies so I chilled til late on the wifi. I did meet a cute Canadian guy that I chatted to for a while but I just wasn't interested.

28th of February-So after a little lie in, I packed up, checked out and said bye to my peeps and made sure I had them all on facebook....I expect I'll bump into them further up the road. I went for breakfast with Lynn and we went for a little wander...there were loads of market stalls on the green down the road so I picked up some cool handmade soaps as pressies. We then made our way to the beach and took a little dip. Honestly the waves out here are just so rough! I was hanging onto both bits of my bikini for dear life and that is just not cool when you're trying to save jump with your step dad! We grabbed a pie on he way back to the motel as we do like them and then chilled in the pool for a bit and got nattering to an old couple that come down every year. After sorting out my bits and pieces and some washing we wandered off up to the sand dunes....what a trek! But we had a little play about on top of a really big scary dune, spotted Fraser in the distance and then sat and watched the sunset. Lynn was tired so he retired to bed like an old man and I hogged his iPad to catch up on casualty.

1st of March-Happy Saint David's Day! 😊 Happy Birthday to Bethan too! Can't wait to see your face missy! So after another late rise we stored our bags and went for a wander and of course a pie! Again we chilled at the pool and battered to e old couple before making our way to the bus stop. We really wanted to rent a car and drive to the zoo yesterday but there are like no hire places so we really aren't gonna get to go...I am so devastated 😞 Me and Lynn have got a proper little system for getting good seats on the bus now. He queues with the bags and I que to get on and bag ones at the front...hash tag teamwork! So because there is only one bus that leaves Rainbow Beach everyday we weren't sure if we were gonna get to Bundaberg in time for our turtle tour. But luckily we had a lovely bus driver who dropped us off right by our hotel and as we arrived he little bus taking us to the mon repos turtle place was waiting, so we ran in like loonies, chucked our stuff in the room and were away! We met a girl on he bus called Rachael who was lovely but my god she'd had some bad luck travelling. She got her bag stolen with everything in it when she was in Kuala Lumpur and she was staying in a right dive in Bundy. To be honest, this whole town is a shit hole. The only reason we're here is to see the turtles and my God wasn't it worth it! We were taken down the beach and watched as they dug down in the sand to let the babies out and they all started running down the beach towards the sea. We all had to stand in a line to let the waves wash them in and helped to turn them around if they were going the wrong way. The waves frightened this little girl and she ran into them so we just scooped her up before she squished one. Such a magical evening. I made Lynn buy is adorable turtle who's head moves, for Daisy. When we got back to Bundy I ate a whole piece of Brie with crackers nom nom whilst skyping my cousin Lydia and her rents.

2nd of March-Happy Birthday to Kayley, Ruth and Josh! Omg I had he best sleep ever last night...plus I got dibs on the double haha! After breakfast Lynn was nagging me to finish getting ready...I think I may be driving him a little batty by running late all the time oopsie! So we had a good few hours to come before our bus was due in so went for a wander into the town. It had a real colonial feel to it but the backpackers looked like a prison. To think that's where I would have been staying if Lynn wasn't with me :/ We then went back to our little motel to chill by the pool and invited Rachael over too. There was this weird cleaning machida going round in the pool that freaked me right out! They stored our bags for us and let me fuss their cute dog Layla. I got our bus time wrong and thank god I double checked or else we would have missed it! When we were waiting at the bus stop this American guy literally got off one bus, took a look round and booked himself back on the next one. We got chatting and he actually knew my Trek America tour guide...small world! We arrived in Agnes Water in the dark and our accommodation was way out of town so Lynn jumped on my free hostel bus as I thought he could walk to his hotel from there...turns out I was wrong, so so wrong. We were in the middle of nowhere with no taxis and he ended up having to walk down the main road in the pitch black. He was not a happy bunny....I don't think I've seen him that grumpy since I was a teenager! I was petrified a snake was gonna get him! When he rang me to let me know he was safe and it was lovely there, I felt so much better. After a shower I headed to the bar for a micro meal and cider with Becky (who I met on Fraser). I ended up going to bed really late as we can only take a little bag on our Castaway tour so I had to arrange all my stuff.

3rd of March-So I was up early for breakfast and ready to hit the trip. I decided to phone the skydive people to check me and Lynn were definitely in the same plane since the Peterpans guy messed lots of stuff up and hey what do ya know we weren't...fuming! I then made my way into the town on our hostel bus and met with my group and the pilot Bruce. I met a lovely girl called Remy who's convinced me to go to a chiropractor when I get home...think I'm gonna do it. We had our briefing, stocked up on snacks and goon and then made our way to the airfield. We met this really sweet guy called Ed who turned up with his mini suitcase...only eighteen bless him! Other members of our group consisted of a pair of princesses that squeak at anything and a German girl. So a really small group. The flight was everything I'd heard it would be with lots of aerobatics and screaming...and I didn't feel sick which was a bonus! When we arrived on the island the camp was quite run down and there didn't seem an awful lot to do there so I guess we really were just castaway. Our camp master is a scouser called Jay and to be honest he's cute but he didn't make much of an effort with us. We spent the day in the sea and sunning it up. I've really clicked with Remy and she likes to tan her boobs too so it's win win! It's been so nice to just relax and not do anything at all. However, I didn't realise ere were no showers and we can't wash in the sea. So I'm a mixture of sun cream, sweat, sea salt and tiger balm...eugh! We had stew for dinner, I got absolutely smashed on goon when no one else did and fell asleep on he beach in a rubber ring in my bikini...cringe!

4th of March-So this morning I woke up with a slight sore head and couldn't get back to sleep. I made my way to the toilet down he beach. It's pretty cool as someone's built a camouflage toilet up some steps. It's a drop down but still! I then chilled in the hammock as the sun started to heat up...it's so peaceful here. I tried to stay out of the sun a bit as I feel like I'm starting to burn so I mainly chilled out in the kitchen tent thingys and flirted with Jay. My bad! Jay took us oyster picking and my god those little suckers don't like letting go! But I got me a little one 😊 We had pasta and coke for dinner and then made our way up to the lighthouse for sunset. I've always wanted to go inside a lighthouse and they have a couple that live up there for a couple of months. The guy came out and let us in...there's even a little museum. He was called Ian and was actually English...fell in love with a little Aussie lady...true love story! After we'd been inside the greenhouse (absolutely boiling) we had a group photo outside and then saw some roos hopping down the side of the hill before taking a stroll to watch the sun set over the sea...gorgeous! I'm all about the sunsets now...must be getting old! I managed to get a bit of signal up there for Facebook which was handy. Despite having a towel wrapped around my shoulders I still got bitten to shit on the way back 😞 On the way we spotted he tyre that had washed back up after we'd let it go out to sea by leaving it out last night..phew! We didn't have much goon left which was gutting and my legs and bum were attacked by sand flies last night so I'm plastered in tiger balm fml!

5th of March-This morning I decided to put my headphones in and take myself off for a run up the beach...Malou would be so proud! I then dumped myself in the sea which was amazing as I was boiling. It's much calmer our here and you can have a proper relaxing swim. We all decided to utilise our time well as it was our last day on the island and went swimming, kayaking and had fun in the rubber rings. Obviously me and Ed capsized but I think Ian got some good shots on his posh camera so it will be worth it. He was ted us to keep posing having fun with the rings and he can get quite bossy but I guess he means well. Plus he did walk all the way down from the lighthouse and he is old. Apparently Bruce tries to drop his paper in his garden...pretty cool! When Bruce arrived for the first pick up the princesses were eagerly waiting and me and Remy were chilling in the rings. We decided to flash him our boobs and he gave us a wing wave haha! He can come across as pervy to people who don't understand his sense of humour I think, but it's all just banter. We waited until the last possible moment to get on the plane and made friends with the new people that had arrived. We did poses on the wings of the plane and got dragged off as if we were flying...a little scary! Plus me and Remy dropped one of the girls and head butted each other so Remy has a shiner coming and I have a split lip :/ We did lots of big nose dives where Bruce turned off the engine...so much fun! He even gave us lifts back to our hostels. I met Lynn in the town for dinner and then got the little bus back. He was really angry because he was so bored while I'd been gone. His only mode of transport had been an old bike he couple running his hotel had lent to him and Eden though he said he wasn't mad at me it did feel like he was. But I did tell him he should have gone to Ayers Rock! By the time I got back to the hostel I was absolutely knackered and it was boiling in our room. I moved closer to the door and the breeze so managed to get to sleep. This has probably been one of my favourite hostels in Aus 😊

6th of March-I checked out this morning and paid five bucks to use the facilities for the day as were on a night bus tonight to Airlie Beach. I asked if Lynn could come and pay to use them to which they didn't seem to mind. Lynn kept stressing over his bags so in the end the nice lady from his hotel drove them over for him. So I told him to stop whining and take a dip in the pool. I overheard the princesses talking to the really annoying guy from Fraser about me. They basically told him everything I said about him at Castaway...cows! I felt like Lynn needed a good memory of Agnes Water so we went on the Sooteroo tour which is when you all get to ride a little scooter around to see the scenery. I wasn't really enjoying having to go fast when I was so close to the ground and I just felt so unsteady. Lynn was really worried I was upset when they put my bike on the truck and I hopped on with one of the guide, but I wasn't, I preferred it as I felt I was just holding people up. We saw beautiful scenery and loads of kangaroos and he team were such good fun. At one point the bike in front ran over a snake and then it reared up at us so we had to swerve....close!! We stopped for chips at the marina and then I got to go with the boss on the big bike on the way home and he went super fast to check for traffic ahead. I loved it! I made sure he knew I wasn't afraid of speed and that I just preferred bigger bikes. He said I held on like a little koala bear bless! So I think I made up for Lynn having a shitty time. When we got back we showered and caught the bus down to the greyhound stop. Believe it or not I just couldn't get to sleep so did some blog catching up xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.188s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0656s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb