Agnes Water and the Town of 1770


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » 1770
February 28th 2012
Published: February 28th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1770 is apprently the 2nd place Captain cook found on his travel to find Australia! well he didnt find much becasue there isnt much there! its a pretty sparse town with not a lot of people..not even much history in terms of museums or signs or historic houses. just a few small stores and a laundrette.

we had caught an over night bus from midnight to 9.45am i fell asleep for most of the journey waking uop every so often as the seats were obviosuly not designed to sleep on. never mind. we got the 12oclecok shuttle bus and moseyed on down to the beach where there was a surf / life saving club littering the beach most of them kids that were amazing out on the waves! was a smallish beach with a lot of people on it. thats the difference between oz and the uk is that on a sunday in the uk everyone is snuggled up at home doing not much where as the whole family in oz is down at the beach doing there surfing with their eskis having some sun and sand!

that evening we all did a Scoteroo tour on Harley davison like bikes i was nervous all the way through as previous experience has suggested that annabel clair farley doesnt do 2 wheeled motors anymore! but i braved it gritted my teeth and got my rock chick motor bike face on (plus transfer tatoos and biker jacket with flames on!) i didnt like the motor bike tour but i did like where it tok us too. we drove along the mile long straight roads past Kangaroos that popped there heads up out of the long grass as we zoomed by ( could see it in their eyes saying "crazy people riding along thinking they are soooo cool) anwya bit of random kangaroo talk there. sorry.

they were soo funny standing up with their paws looking around and munching on the grass was definalty a funny sight to see. we drove back in the pouring rain and peoples engines started flooding so a few broke down we made it back safe and sound no cuts or scrapes just a fly splattered face and probly swallowed about 20 along the way haha nutritional tho i expect! :# better than chips or crisps lol



so that takes us up to now.. Rainbow Beach the gateway to Fraser Island where we will camp and live with no toilets or showers for 3 days! holy moly we are guna be 2 stinky ladies but two ladies that have conitued to have an awsome time together.

its always a great thing when we hear from home so keep the messages coming even if they are what youve had for dinner that night we love to hear from home and it keeps us happy and realising that we are missed as much as we miss all of you buddys and palls. am currently uploading 603 pictures to keep all of you facebook hungry fiends happy with something to feast your eyes apon.



love you all the end end of the world and back Bella Beex

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0451s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb