Day 34 - Back to NT - the Zebra!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory
April 30th 2015
Published: May 5th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Ruth DuncanRuth DuncanRuth Duncan

The "go to" girl at the Zebra Rock Mine. And everything is accomplished with that wonderful smile.
The good thing about taking a while to sort out the 'Cruiser was we had the opportunity to re-visit Ruth and Opal at the Zebra Rock Mine. We drove the 70 odd kms out to stay at Zebra Rock Mine Campground in readiness for the Ultimate Cruise on Friday 1st May. We planned to get out there in the afternoon to do some bird spotting. Recently, the (rather rare) Gouldian Finch had been seen close by the Zebra Rock Mine.

The NT is one and a half hours behind WA so by the time we had packed the 'Cruiser ready for our first night camping, it was already afternoon. We thought we had everything (there wasn't much spare room) but when we got to the Zebra Rock Mine we realised that we had left all of our headlamps in the bus (plus the torch). No problem for Ruth who removed the solar light from the mens ablution block and gave it to us! Clever Ruth! Of course, Georgi quickly became re-acquainted with Opal and they wandered off to exchange presents (a t-shirt and frog hand puppet) and thoughts.

We met Kim (Ruths husband) and Max who would be taking
A bird in the tree...A bird in the tree...A bird in the tree...

Not a Gouldian Finch but a noisy Galah
us on the Ultimate Ord Cruise and they guided us out to the location for the Gouldian Finch. Unfortunately, we did not meet the special little bird but it was a pleasant evening.

Unfortunately, our first night in the 'Cruiser was less than comfortable. Of course there is not much space, but the bed needed some work before we would be happy with it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Dinner at the Zebra Rock Mine CampgroundDinner at the Zebra Rock Mine Campground
Dinner at the Zebra Rock Mine Campground

Georgi tested out the dreampot (and did remarkably well) and we dined under the stars.


Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0888s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb