Day 12 & 13Timber Creek to Jasper Gorge and return to Timber Creek


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory
July 7th 2013
Published: July 7th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Jasper Jasper Jasper

Road to Jasper Gorge
Decided this morning to backtrack to Jasper Gorge, which was where we were heading before deviating onto the Humbert Track.

The drive into the Gorge was through lightly treed country hemmed in by rocky red escarpments. The waterholes are lined with Pandanus Palms, Paper Barks and access is not easy, after we set up camp a lady and her daughters from the local community came to fish. She assured us there were crocs in the water, they caught 4 turtles and one fish. Bob did his best but no luck.

Found a lovely campsite on the side of the waterhole. Someone had built a lovely fireplace from river stones for us. We were treated to another fireworks display tonight, put on by some locals.

Bob was up before first light to catch the sunrise on the escarpment. A lazy start to the day, after egg, bacon and beans for brekky. Stopped for a while at 6 mile creek to wet the rods. No Luck. A very noisy reception from the cockies and fruit bats who were not happy to have us in their domain.

Camped again tonight at Timber Creek, had Devonshire Tea at the local café. Ron and Erica are with us now, and tomorrow we are off to Lake Argyle.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Jasper Flood MarkerJasper Flood Marker
Jasper Flood Marker

Cannot believe the water can get this high.


Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0472s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb