Week 5 Photos and summary. Into the Territory!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory
August 27th 2011
Published: August 31st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Sunday the 21st of August found us in Mt Isa.....yes, there was Kmart which we were looking forward to(!) however, being Sunday it was closed! Monday was then the day for shopping, and the School of the Air visit. Tuesday the big day as we moved on and crossed into the Northern Territory via the Barkly Highway....long stretches of nothing except roadhouses to make sure you have petrol and have somewhere to stop over! Overnight at Barkly Homestead (caravan park out the back but they use a generator for electricity....runs all night!)
Next day, 180kms to the Stuart Highway then left at Three Ways Roadhouse to head north to the Daly Waters Historic Pub (via only a few more roadhouses and the small town of Elliot). Interesting travelling so far when signs can only indicate hundreds of kms to the next point of reference, as there is nothing else.
Delicious Beef'n'Barra at Daly Waters....an overnight stop near Australia's first international airport.
Thursday and Friday nights in Katherine, NT's third largest town and very pleasant. Hot Springs to swim in, Katherine Gorge to canoe in.
Saturday, on to Darwin and a visit from Stewart's mum Judith. We picked her up at Darwin Airport, which Toby was happy about as he didn't think he had ever been inside an airport before!
Another great week and new experiences......unfortunately only 3 to go.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Katherine Hot Springs.Katherine Hot Springs.
Katherine Hot Springs.

Beautiful clear minerally water.


Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0443s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb