Crab Claw Island Resort


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory
August 6th 2011
Published: August 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Its been a while since we updated the blog as we haven't had much mobile service. We left Darwin on Tuesday after a great day at the Darwin Cup on Monday and headed to Crab Claw Island Resort. Ian & Lou flew into Darwin early wednesday morning with Matty and hired a ute and boat and headed out to Crab Claw too. We hadn't really decided what we wanted to do but since we didn't want to go home and we knew Ian & Lou were coming up we took the opportunity to catch up with them and have a few more days in the warm weather.

There was plenty of wildlife around the resort with wallaby's and guinea fowl coming around at tea time to try to talk us into feeding them (we didn't).

The first couple of days fishing was unsuccessful which was disapointing as one of those days was Lou's birthday ! but we all headed down to the restaurant for tea which was lovely, the girls even found a candle for Lou's choc pudding. Yesterday (5 Aug) was a better day with everyone catching something and a great tea of mud crabs, blue swimmer crabs and barra was the result.

The sand flies are terrible and Lisa has fared the worst with bites all over her legs !

This morning we packed up and decided to head to the Daly Waters Pub for our first stop on our trip south. The barra and beef dinner was fantastic and the NT Variety bash cars are here as well so there was a bit of entertainment from the participants. We were also lucky enough to get a free drink with heads and tails during happy hour.

Tomorrow we head toward Alice Springs - not sure that we will get that far it is about 900km !! but we are going to have an early start and see how we go.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.047s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb