Day six - Random camp 40 km S/E of Camooweal to Soudan Bore rest stop


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory
July 4th 2019
Published: July 7th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Last night we camped at a random spot up a road around 200m on the road-side of the fence. A great little spot despite the rocks on the ground.

Today we rolled through Cloncurry, Mt Isa and Cammoweal, among a few other tiny towns. Not much of any great interest except that out of Camooweal there was nothing of great interest. Nothing. Anywhere. As far as they eye could see in all directions. Flat as a tack with a bit of Mitchell Grass. It was a bit weird for a city boy!

We spent a bit of time in Mt Isa, looking into some advice on what appears to be a cursed battery box, Phil has an issue with his UHF and I managed to break a few plates, cups and a box that holds out plate. A big enough town with all of the usual (minus a Dan Murphy’s so I could never live there) but after 28 odd degrees today I reckon that it would be super hot in summer or maybe it is me adjusting to a hotter climate than Canberra.

Tonight we are staying behind a rest stop, in the sags, with a spot to ourselves on the red dirt/sand. Loving it!

Advertisement



9th July 2019

Glad you found a good spot. Dont forget the photos. Love to see where you are

Tot: 0.177s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 41; dbt: 0.1336s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb