Freezing Under The Stars


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Uluru
June 13th 2009
Published: July 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 54 (Saturday 13/06/09, NJJ)
Up at 5.30pm after one of the most fantastic nights sleep ever, in swags under the stars. We were both very snug and comfortable all night. It was actually lovely being woken by a gentle breeze over my face now and then through the night as it allowed me to take in the experience numerous times over. It wasn't as cold as we'd expected it to be in the morning either. Brekkie was toast and cereal around the camp fire and we were on the road just after. We stopped at 7.15am to watch the sunrise in the distance over Uluru (Ayers Rock) and Kata Tjuta (The Olgas). Collected more fire wood. Arrived at Kata Tjuta around 9.30am for 'The Valley of the Winds' walk about 7.4km. We did the difficult walk, I wasn't to make the effort but then I argued with myself and gave it to the exercise. It was worth it though as the views were mesmerising. We had lunch near Uluru and then we visited the cultural centre. From there we went to the base of Uluru for the 2k Mala walk. Joel, our driver/guide/entertainment, was very informative. Uluru is beautiful and once agin we were in awe. At 5pm we got to the sunset viewing area for our evening meal and to watch the rock 'glow'. On to a campsite for the night where we had showers before sitting around the campfire. Joel left the music and the lights on in the bus which ran the battery down but he thought this was OK as he'd done it loads before! Got into our swags for sleep around 9.15pm. It was very cold and we struggled to get cosy.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0737s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb