First Entry


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Uluru
January 1st 2007
Published: January 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Heya all,

This is the beginning of my very first travel blog. woot wooe. I'll tell you a little bit about myself to start off. I'm 19 years of age and have never travelled overseas on my own. I was born in the Philipines and by the age of three i moved to Australia with my older sister now 22 and my mum. I grew up in a small town, Bundaberg which is on the east coast of sunny Queensland.

January 2006, my first year out of highschool i moved out of home, which i have been longing to do for quite some time (i do enjoy my indepence). Although i always knew i wanted to follow my sister and go to the Gold Coast, i thought i'd give brisbane a try first. I moved in with my best friend Ainslie and her boyfriend, living off stevenson street Ascot. I managed to pick up my very first hospitality job working in two of the restauraunts in Conrad Treasury Casino. I loved every part of the 2 1/2 months i spent in Brisbane, missing the beach and still not fully happy, i decided to finally move to the Gold Coast. At the Gold Coast i began working at Conrad Jupiters where i worked in the 24hr Spinners Restaurant.

I spent 6 months working, living and partying at the Gold Coast before i unexpectedly applied for a job at Ayers Rock Resort all the way on the other side of Australia in the Northern Territory. What the hell was i doing moving to the middle of nowhere to live and work at the age of 18? All in less than a week, i had applied for a job on the other side of Australia, successfully received a job offer for work in a cocktail lounge bar in a 5 star resort, packed by bags, booked my flights, resigned from a job and a lifestyle that i enjoyed and caught the next flight out, it was soo rushed i didn't even have time to return back to bundy and say bye to my parentals.

I arrived in Yulara in August 2006. My bar supervisor Trinka picked me up from the airport and drove me around the area pointing out each of the hotels, town square and where i lived. I was completely lost. I was then introduced to my new work mates Soome and Anna.

For the last 6 months i have been working here at Ayers Rock Resort, With only two more months to go before i leave and head overseas for my round the world adventure. (My next blog will be about my life living in the middle of the desert, "ahem.." i mean semi-arab)

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.
St. Augustine"


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0373s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb