Mataranka


Advertisement
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -14.925, 133.072

Arrived here about 11am and booked into Bitter Springs CP. Great sites surrounded by palms and trees. Feels really tropical. So does the heat. Set up camp and did some washing. Whoopee guess you all wanted to know that. Jen & Nat finally have time to put on the annexe so they are happy. First swim in the thermal pool was darn good. Bit murky compared to 2013 but we don't care. Not much wild life seen on our travels but the countryside is so green they don't need to come near the roads to eat. Lots of eagles and hawks. Heaps of small lizards around our camp and some small frogs. We went to see the barramundi get fed today with Nat being brave enough to get in the pond and feed them. They only have 2 in there at the moment. Another dip in the thermal pool today and the guys had a great time as there were some girls swimming totally naked. Average age of the men in the pool at the time……about 60 yrs, thankfully no heart attacks happened when the girls emerged and bent over showing their bits. Day 3 started with us sleeping in till 7.30!!! Another warm day to come. Slow start for sightseeing. We went to the Homestead Caravan Park and did the 3km walk to see Stevie's Waterhole. Typical city slickers we went in thongs and NO water. Never again at that time of day. Also saw the Elsey Replica Homestead that was built for the film 'We of the Never Never'. Called into the roadhouse for "Famous Mataranka Pies" for lunch but they had none. Maybe on the way back we will try again. Got back to camp to find the wildlife had raided our rubbish bags. Cheeky birds but they are so pretty. David and I will spend our last day here swimming while Jen & Nat want to visit the cemetery and swim in the homestead pool. Then its pack up time and off to Katherine for a few days.


Additional photos below
Photos: 41, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



10th May 2017

Looks awesome there guys, love the Homestead pool, looks very inviting and your campsite looks nice and tropical. Having nice weather here atm too, lovely sunny days 20 degrees, very nice, warmer outside than it is inside tho. Played tennis
this morning, won 6-0, so a good blitzing, at work now, pretty quiet. Enjoy guys and love reading your blogs, feels like you've been gone for ages already. Have one for me, Sandyxxx
10th May 2017

great photo!! love the lighting
10th May 2017

nice noodle!!!
11th May 2017

What no pics of the nudies haha. Great pics guys.
11th May 2017

BEAUTIFUL.WISH WE WERE THERE WITH YOUSES.GOOD PICS LYN
11th May 2017

NO PEEING IN THE POOL GRIFF HAHA
11th May 2017

UP PERISCOPE LOL

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0345s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb