Kinda like a pub crawl, but without the alcohol.


Advertisement
Published: September 2nd 2004
Edit Blog Post

Morning was not the most welcome occasion after a long night by the campfire. After a pancake breakfast (we ate really well this part of the trip) and packing up tents and stuffwe hit the road. We got to Litchfield park at about noon. Since the Air Con on the bus was broken we were all even more psyched to get off the bus an into the water by waterfall #1. The water was cold, but once you got in the fun began. We swam over to a warmer pool, which was right next to the waterfall, and really deep. After some exploration was a hot dog lunch. The hot dogs here are this bright scary red color. they taste ok, but look creepy.We also licked the bums of green ants. (they are a snack)
Swimming hole #2 was literally a bunch of deep holes connected by little baby falls/rapids. We did some jumping off of rocks into several of the pools, and watched Yugi and Tim jump from a tree in to one.
Swimming location #3, at the bottom a 2 large waterfalls was down lots of stairs. We climbed up one of the waterfalls a few feet and sat with the water spraying our backs, surrounded by rainbows (one made a complete circle), then jumped off a nearby rock in to the pool below. The it was just time to do a bit of playing in the water before hiking up the steps.
Termite mounds were next. For pests they are quite cool... some build these sand castle like pillars, others north-south mounds that have flat sides. they are the largest grazers in this part of the country. not too bad for somthing so small.  
After arriving in Darwin, Uwe, Susie, Jon , Rach and I got a dorm room in a hostel. We went to a bar/club for free dinner (Aussies should never try to make anything italian), and a fair bit of drinking. Lets put it this way, even i was dancing.
Today we are exploring Darwin...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0454s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb