Day 129 - Kakadu - Nourlangie


Advertisement
Published: August 16th 2015
Edit Blog Post

After an early breakfast, we visited the Bowali Visitor Centre and got our parks pass for Kakadu and discovered that a guided parks ranger talk was happening at Nourlangie (where we intended to visit). We set off for Nourlangie and arrived in time to catch the last of the talks from the ranger, Christian. By this time (the last of four walk / talks), Christian had built up quite a following of people. Christian was very engaging and full of information about the particular site we met him at (which had been the subject of an archeological dig).

After we had visited all of the rock art sites at Nourlangie, we drove to Angbangbang billabong and had lunch. There were plenty of waterbirds on the billabong.

We had planned to keep on going to Cooinda from Nourlangie, but changed our mind after listening to Christian. Instead, we went back for one last visit to Mamukala and then returned to the Jabiru Caravan Park to listen to Christian give an after dinner talk and slideshow on rock art.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

NourlangieNourlangie
Nourlangie

The overhang which was the subject of an archeological dig
NourlangieNourlangie
Nourlangie

view from the "home"
NourlangieNourlangie
Nourlangie

"Christian Fellowship"
NourlangieNourlangie
Nourlangie

Christian's relics for show and tell
NourlangieNourlangie
Nourlangie

The artist with original yellow ochre "paint"
NourlangieNourlangie
Nourlangie

View of Nourlangie Rock from near Gunddehwardde lookout


Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0812s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb