Kakas - Part 2.


Advertisement
Published: June 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Cooinda

We think it should be named Mozzie haven. Cooinda was great. They had the best pool I have ever seen there. It had waterfalls and rock pools in it. I got a boomerang from the gift shop. I threw it 5 times and then it snapped. I went back to the shop to get another one. The man wasn’t going to exchange it but then mum walked in and guess what… he changed it for me.



The next day dad had to go all the way back to Darwin to get the brakes fixed. He left really early (still dark) and made it back that afternoon just in time for the wetlands/barra fishing cruise on the yellow river. It was amazing. We have never seen soo many crocs. They were massive salties. The guide told us thtat there are over 150 000 salties in NT. That means one croc for every person who lives there. He told us about how the local aboriginals have great knowledge about all the bush tucker and other food in the area. We fished for barra.. Mum caught a really big barra. 69 cm. She was sooo excited. We had it for dinner. It made about 2kg of fresh fillets.



Mary River Roadhouse

The barra guy told us about some secret waterholes to swim in. WE went there. It was awesome. They were beautiful. (they weren’t so secret though as Daniel and I saw our enemies Brits and Thrifty). Boulder Creek and Rockppool



The next day we went to the most fabulous place we have ever been. Gunlom Falls. It was spectacular. WE swam in all these different swimming holes that have a view of all of kakadu like those never ending swimming pools. We swam under waterfalls and dad, Anthony, Daniel and I climbed up to the top of the 3rd level. Me and dad found a secret waterfall. Right up the top. On the way home this lady told us about another secret swimming place. This time it was secret. It was hard to get to and it was called fern valley. James was crazy (again) and swam down all these rock waterfalls on his bum and face first. He was making Lou and Anthony nervous. Mum and dad are used to him doing scary things. At night we went to this pother lookout to see our last Kakadu sunset. The climb was pretty step. The adults had a glass of champaigne and us kids played tiggy up on the lookout. KAKDU WAS AWESOME



TOP END ADVENTURE!!!!!!!!



Pussy cat Flats.

Dad and Anthony wanted to stay at this place in Pine Creek because of the name. The adults loved it here. It was at the racecourse. It had a bar and meals. It had a run down playground. WE were having so much fun until James fell off the flying fox. Mum and dad drove into Katherine to the hospital. (I stayed with the Motts). We had to take him back the next day for xrays to see if it was broken. WE got there at 11:00am. They x-rayed him straight away. But then disaster struck!!!! We waited until 4:00pm till we saw the doctor!!! Poor James waited all that time and guess what??? It was broken. Poor James. Only good thing… we had McDonalds for lunch.



Katherine

We had 2 more days with the Motts. Mum’s cousin Tina runs the toy library. We were allowed to go there and choose some toys to borrow. We got these spinning top things. I had talent on them.

It was the State Of Origin. The Mott’s Tina’s family and The Flynns went to the gold club for dinner and to watch the footie. It was great. There was a jumping pillow and sandpit. The mums had their pictures taken for the newspaper. There was a massive tv screen with the footie on. Anthony and dad kept teasing each other. We left early and the dads got a taxi home later. Guess what .... mum and Lou made the Katherine Times.



The next day we left for WA. We were very nervous about smuggling Fred over the boarder cause there was no way I was going to WA if Fred wasn’t allowed in. We had a great time with the Motts and were sad to leave them.



BYE



Billy.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.239s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1928s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb