Still preparing.


Advertisement
Published: May 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Well, we've managed to get the I-phones unlocked from Telstra at last. They really aren't that helpful in this regard - makes me wonder why I'm still with them. Seems they need to do something their end that can take up to 72 hours, then we need to log into i-tunes and back up and re-synch the phone....sounds simple enough only they leave out a couple of crucial bits of info...

The TravelSim fella was much more helpful in stepping me through the process. TravelSim seems to work ok, so hopefully comms will be seamless and cheap once we leave the "our land is girt by sea".

Margie will get a sim over there.

Got the international driving permit sorted, Skipper ticket and VHF ticket sorted (lots of study, stress and sibling competition for those!!) - Richard took delight in telling me he beat me in the VHF exam. Got 100%. I got one wrong so got 96%, Aust Maritime College (Communications) are great people to deal with though.

The 3 Horses have been shipped of to Kentish road today to spend 5 weeks on improved pasture running around on 200 acres. They're going to love it!! Bought a tonne of dog food, pig food, chook and duck food. Margies managed to pack her 65 litre backpack with room to spare. Of a teeny weeny concern is her vanity bag which weighs about 3 kg!! There's only so much spak filla ya can take dear!!

I haven't even started on packing yet...tomorrow.

Kathi moves in tomorrow so we can show her what to do with the remaining 14 animals cohabiting with us. Logged into Jetstar and had some moments of panic when puter told us our bookings didn't exist (computa said nooooo!!!). Got that sorted and we've now got our seat allocations sorted to Singas, Dubai and London. 3 plane changes. 2 legs on the A380s.....hope Mr Royce sorted that defective oil feed pipe....
Counting down.....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0219s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb