Bangkok to Darwin


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Darwin
June 10th 2015
Published: June 11th 2015
Edit Blog Post

So I had half a day left in Bangkok, i had a Thai massage, although relaxing it involves pulling at joints and putting pressure on points and left my back aching slightly! i also was brave enough to get a fish pedicure which felt like tickily pins and needles. i bought myself a silk scarf which i already love!

then i set off for the airport and although the flights were not long (4.5 hrs each) i had a 5 hr wait in the middle, i got to Darwin around 4 am and set off for the hostel arriving around 4.30 am. however the hostel was closed and i could not get hold of the night manager to let me in, so instead i bunked down in a 24hr cafe/shop near by. i sorted out my aussie sim card and at 6 am the hostel reception opened and by 7am i was curled up in bed!

i woke up about 10.30am and after showering headed out for breakfast, after getting some pain au chocolat i headed into a park that runs along side the coast and enjoyed a leisurely walk with incredibly beutiful views. i ate my lunch in the park on a bench, yes lunch was the second pain au chocolat.

after the walk i came back to the hostel and uploaded pictures but didn't quite feel i could string a sentence together on here. i asked for advice on where to go for the afternoon/evening and they suggested the water front, i wandered down enjoying the sights around me. as i finished a circuit around the full bay i spotted an ice cream stand, by this point i was hungry and needed a quick cool down, this was just what i needed! i had chocolate and mint, the chocolate tasted like a praline chocolate and the mint was incredible. well worth the wait for my first ice cream in Aus!

after that i went back to the hostel via a supermarket and grabbed some food and had an early night!

so this morning i was up about 8.30 and after showering and breakfast was in crocosaurus land by 9.20 (it is basically opposite the hostel!) after walking around and HOLDING a SNAKE!!!! i watched the crocs being fed, before being able to feed the baby crocs myself! after that i prepared myself for CAGE OF DEATH!!!! it was an amazing experience, being that close to a fully grown adult croc! they even fed him while i was in the cage, you could hear the huge pop as the jaws snapped together around the food!

after leaving crocosaurus land i had lunch and then went on a bike ride to East point with Charlotte who i am currently sharing a dorm with. the ride took longer than we had imagined but was completely worth it for the views, we only had the bikes for 2hrs so had to come back sooner than later and now i shall seek food!

love to all xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0427s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb