Darwin


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Darwin
August 13th 2007
Published: August 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Right, we've been here now 6 wks. we've worked as little as possible and are set too move on. Darwin is a crazy town, full of the dregs of australian society i.e. old single men, that drink all day.

the highlight of Darwin has to be Mindil Beach. they hold markets here every Thursday and Sunday, and the sunsets are class.

Sold the car, for a bit of a profit, so happy days.

Myself and Nicholas(aoilo's dad) played golf today with two locals. Priceless. they played 18 holes and drank a beer or a rum and coke every hole! Just to top that, they had 2 joints every 4 holes! Legless. but its what they do up here. Nick was tempted to hit the doob's in an effort to improve the golf, but he stuck to the rum and coke, just to be safe!

We went racing yesterday. Nick and Brid took it down, me and aoilo won zilch, not even a place!

Went to the rodeo Friday night. Really cool to see. Nick was tempted to ride one, given his experience on a bucking bronco!!! but he declined after seeing the battering the rodeo clown was getting. One of the bulls bounced him up and down 2 or 3 times in the air.

at the Markets on Thursday, we had a go at cracking a stock whip at Micks whips show. Nick wouldn't have a go, declaring, "that stuff should be kept in the bedroom"!

And there you have it folks. we'll be out of here, probably by next week. we'll head west for broome and down to perth. Aiming to be in asia by mid September.

Talk soon,

Ian and Aoileann



Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



18th August 2007

rocking horses and a sailing snail
you guys rock sorry aoils got cut off the other day, sounds like fun though mental mental news, meeting her tomorrow for a quick drink have to do skype some time next week yo to ianser

Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.059s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb