Hanging out in Darwin


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Darwin
January 9th 2018
Published: May 1st 2018
Edit Blog Post

I really feel part of the family at Joe's, they have all welcomed me openly and it has been lovely getting to meet his son's, daughter in laws and grand-daughters. A beautiful family who are loving their Dad being back home.


Joe and Anita showed me around Darwin and outlying areas with a memorable trip to see the crocs and other native animals. I find it weird that they have both salt water and fresh water crocs here, there is definitely no swimming at the beach. The crocs are huge... powerful animals and i loved watching feeding time at Crocodylus Park. All the crocs here have been rescued from different situations and have their own pens, they also have a huge breeding centre and research facilities. We joined a tour round the park followed by holding some of the small crocs at the end which was interesting and both Anita's and my expressions say a lot!

While in Darwin I also managed to meet up with some family, and met Sharon's husband and sister and received the good news that they are expecting their first baby and were just putting out the news. Good luck guys.





Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0246s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb