Darwin City Delights - Mindil Beach (July 2014)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Darwin » Mindil Beach
July 24th 2014
Published: August 16th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Thursday, 24th July 2014

I wasn't expecting too much out of this visit to the Northern Territory but it turned out to be a relatively good experience. There were some sights that I was really keen to explore and it helped that H was very accommodating throughout this trip. As the days went by, I managed to check off those places from my wish list one by one.

As soon as we cleared off the Australian Customs, we hailed a blue taxi which would bring us to the Mediterranean All Suite Hotel located within the mini CBD District. The time was 7.34am as we entered the near-empty Stuart Highway.

About 15 minutes into the journey, we had arrived at our accommodation where we were warmly greeted by one of the nice ladies at the reception.

As the room was not ready, we proceeded to have our breakie at McDonalds before catching a glimpse at the newly developed Waterfront District and the Chinese Heritage Museum. Granted the compact size of the city centre, our whole commute by foot was a really pleasant experience. Within the first few hours upon arrival in Australia, we had gotten ourselves really familiar with the city of Darwin.

For sure, our room at the Mediterranean All Suite did not disappoint as we put the attached kitchen facilities into good use. After getting our produce from the nearby Woolworths, we proceeded to whip up a quick meal of pasta and strawberries in the afternoon.

In the evening, we walked 25 minutes to partake in the famed Mindil Beach Sunset Markets. Occurring every Thursday and Sunday evenings during the dry season, this was one nice spot to catch a glimpse of the legendary setting sun by the sea.

Certainly, we enjoyed our time by the beach as we said goodbye to our evening in Australia.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.17s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 31; dbt: 0.1127s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb