Day 37 - Darwin and Cullen bay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Darwin » Cullen Bay
May 14th 2015
Published: May 14th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Cullen bayCullen bayCullen bay

See what I mean!
Today the Bago went in for a well earned service. We dropped him off to the mechanic by 7.30 and went on to the City to spend some time. We had a nice breaky and did a bit of touristy shopping.We wandered past the entertainment centre and spotted info about the 'Good times tour' on next Tuesday. Glenn Shorrock, Brian Cadd, Kate Cebrano and Joe Camilleri. Looked great so we had a quick change of plans and booked the tickets. We will head to Kakadu tomorrow and spend some time having a really good look and come back to Darwin by Tuesday to go to the show. Looking forward to that!

Headed off to Cullen Bay which is only a couple of minutes from the city. What a beautiful place! Must be heaps of money here. Massive yachts, and fishing boats. We checked out a ferry that took you to Tiwi Islands and also to Mandorah, another little beach 20 mins away. Can't believe you can catch a ferry across the Torres strait to Tiwi Island! Maybe another day..

They have this massive loch system that lets all the posh yachts out to the ocean. The huge doors close
Cullen bayCullen bayCullen bay

Looks beautiful, and rich!
the yachts in between the ocean and the harbour. The water is raised or lowered to match the tide and then the massive doors open and they head on out to sea. Must cost a fortune to operate, but there seems to be plenty of rich folk around to pay for it.

The Bago was ready to be picked up and we headed back home. Set ourselves back up again and, had a swim, played some cards (played Euchre and I got beaten!) and cooked some dinner.

So that was day 37. We will be leaving Darwin for a few days, tomorrow and will no doubt see some fabulous things in Kakadu and Litchfield. Not sure about the phone signal down there so may not be able to post, but we will see.

By the way, weather report... HOT! Yep, same same same, beautiful!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Cullen bayCullen bay
Cullen bay

Rob's found a new friend
Cullen bayCullen bay
Cullen bay

Oh Rob, you are sooo funny!... Tell me another joke!
Cullen bayCullen bay
Cullen bay

Is that where I parked my yacht??
Cullen bayCullen bay
Cullen bay

Have to keep showing you this beautiful place!
Cullen bayCullen bay
Cullen bay

Just one more shot
Arafura blueArafura blue
Arafura blue

Cant believe how blue this ocean is.
Afarura seaAfarura sea
Afarura sea

Robs loving the view
More arafuraMore arafura
More arafura

Will miss this blue...
Tropical plantsTropical plants
Tropical plants

And these trees


Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb