Kakadu!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Darwin » City of Darwin
February 7th 2006
Published: April 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

DAY 1~ Got picked up nice and early at 06.30 ready for our Kakadu experience!! We jumped into the front of the van thinking we had the best seats in the house...we soon realised that they were by far the hottest as we were sat right on the engine!
Also in the front was 2 other couples, both English, Anna & Iain and Sara & Chris, oh and also our gorgeous guide Brad!

First stop was Litchfield National Park! This was the place where they filmed crocodile dundee which wasn't too reassuring as we were walking through the bush!
Next we stopped off to see some of the largest Termite mounds some reaching well over 12foot!
Unfortunately we couldn't visit the famous Jim Jim falls & twin Falls as they were completely overflowing because of it being the wet season and there was a risk we'd get eating by crocs!
We did make up for it though by stopping at some other beautiful waterfalls for a swim before heading back to the camp for some bush tucker!

Day 2~Today we were off on a crocodile safari..we boarded the flimsy looking boat and off we went searching for them. First
Chris, Shuya & SeanChris, Shuya & SeanChris, Shuya & Sean

Kakadu national park
one up was a 2m croc which definitly looked big enough for me until up popped the head of a massive 6m croc..the small one had no chance of getting any dinner there!!

Day 3~We spent today climbing up to some of the amazing viewpoints in the park and looking at some of the ancient aboriginal drawings!
In the evening we headed back into Darwin where we staying the night..felt really good to be back in a normal bed! That night we all met up at the vic for our freebie dinner and ended up getting sucked into all the party games and winning loads of free beer!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 17; qc: 64; dbt: 0.0637s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb