Holiday - Part 2 - Revenge of the World Economy


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Darwin » City of Darwin
September 22nd 2007
Published: September 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

G'day

Yes people, i am speaking to you live and direct from holiday part II - Australia. I will of course try to backtrack on the blog, but i thought as i've you know, sidled over to a whole new continent, i should write a brief note. And brief it shall be as one of the many difference between asia and australia is how BLOODY expensive this country seems now! I mean we've gone from spending 50p, maybe a pound every night on accomodation, to like 9 / 10 quid! Like real money!! Man alive... fags and booze are real prices too, which is a bit of a mare as everyone here wants a party and we just may not be able to afford it... hell, we're a little concerned about having the money to get to sydney at all... but lets not dwell on that now! All in all, we like it! The people round here are so nice! Even in the hostel me and shell were minding our own business, making a sandwich, as slowly but surely more and more peope gravitated over to us and before we knew it our presence at the evenings festivities had become essential. Regardless, we ended up losing most of them as we got chatting to some aussies, who, being lovely friendly aussies, insisted on buying us drinks to celebrate our first day in oz, and then somehow got us all into some 15 dollar a head club for free?! This is a kinda party town, i reckon like last night (friday admittedly) all the bars were rammed, tourists and locals alike (weird being somewhere where you can't tell the difference!). But what i quite liked about the club we ended up in, despite the music being TERRIBLE, was the attitude of it all! There were young and old, black and white, good dancers and terrible dancers, good dressers and TERRIBLE dressers... but what i mean is just that everyone was doing what they were doing, pissed up, having a luaugh, and noone was taking the mic out of anyone else. Everyone just accepts whatever for whatever, no pretentions i guess... not that i'm saying that all of oz, if one more person tells me what a pretentious snobby town sydney is i might have to run of to melbourne instead!

But yeh, only been here a day so nowt of interest to report! Its just so different though, it takes a while to get sued to. I mean yeh its more expensive... but its silly things like everyone speaking english, and being really helpful... and not being glared at when you go ito a local bar, club whatever cos you stickout like a sore thumb! and its so quiethere to... i mean i said Vientiane was peaceful - nothing compared to here. Its saturday, we went down the shops, bikin hunting, and there was noone there! and all ther shops close at 3 on sat (or son't open at all!) closed sunday too so god knows where they go shopping. But thats not really the point, theres just no traffic, no queues, its crazy! I guess its like i always say... like england, but bigger and hotter. Its weird though to be 'home', while being so far away... anyway, that was just a ramble wasn't it. When i've done summat excting i'll let you know! all i have so far is that we had fish and chips for lunch (yey!) and tonight, we're going to the deckchair beach cinema (yey!), and tomorrow we'll prob check out the hotel pool and spa. Ok, so budget is a bit luxury... well, aprt from the fact we were sharing our dorn last night with two Dutch women who just LOVED to be naked.

Bye! xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0291s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1016.8kb