.......disaster......but we are still smiling.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Darwin » City of Darwin » The Gardens
November 19th 2011
Published: November 19th 2011
Edit Blog Post

....well I would consider us to be very security conscious, so much so that it irritates Deb to distraction, always locking the car and the camper lockers but it was all for nothing when a very brave thief crept into our camper (after unzipping the door) and stole our phones, Deb's handbag and the MAC computer. Left the chargers behind. The bag turned up in another person's annex and was handed in. Luckily all our cards were still there so they only wanted money and cash items to sell..If we lost the cards I suspect we would have been a bit screwed for a few days waiting for replacements....

The bad news is that we have lost all our photos taken with Deb's camera (the camera they missed btw) as we had loaded them all to the MAC and were editing them as we travelled....800 lost. We hope to have a friend send us copies of his as we were on the same tours and sites. I still have my shots which I have on the trusty SLR...that was in the car lockers.

Anyway....we have arrived in Darwin after a couple of days in Litchfield. Litchfield is not a great place in the rain so the first day was a bit of a flop, but day 2 was great. Went to 3 falls and associated waterholes. Beautiful.

Will look around Darwin now and have the Ghan waiting for us on Wednesday.

xxxxxx


Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0665s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb