Hmm Need a boat


Advertisement
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -13.7654, 130.712

We pulled into the roadside info stop for a quick look at what is around at Daly River about 11.30.
Seeing only a few signs should have told us something but we were excited to be here and to set up camp. Not being used to the street signs here we got lost. Apparently all the caravan parks, attractions, farm stays or whatever else are listed in blue with km distance on a massive sign but no arrows. The street name is above this in green with an arrow. Well we should have turned right but kept going. No biggie as we came to the end of the road only a few kms away. Chucking a u turn and taking a left we finally made it to Banyan Farm Caravan Park. Nice place to stay but they do charge more for a caravan than a camper trailer both on powered sites. Lots of trees and lots of toads. Setting off the next day to see the sights....took us 1 hour and that was generous. We called into see the Daly River Inn as the pic on the info board looked great. After getting out of our cars, someone in the pub must have seen 4 old fossils looking to come in so they put really loud R&B music on. By R&B I mean (rubbish & bullshit). This made us turn around real quick and get back in our cars. We then went down to the crossing to see the river and it looked great. No swimming, lots of crocs.
Next we went to the small aboriginal community (forget the name) to get some milk and bread. We were most impressed with the tidiness of the town. While there we called into the art gallery. Honestly, I know they do some good things but how can they charge $400 for a paper mache (don't know how to spell that) bowl no bigger than a mug? Needless to say we didn't buy anything there.
That's all there was to see, but being desperate, we called in to look at the boat ramp. Whooppee. No more sights to see we headed back to our home and spent the next day just chilling out. Nat spent a few hours watching for crocs in the river and yes he did see some.




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb