Kings Canyon to Ayers Rock


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Ayers Rock
March 21st 2014
Published: March 22nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

We met us at 6:15 a.m. for a walking tour. A bus brought us back to Kings Canyon. There started the track. There are stone stairs up to the top. There we saw the beginning of sunrise. We followed the track and took a lot of photos. Two and a half hour later we met the rest of our group at car park.

First stop was a photo stop.

Next stop was in eyeshot of Mt. Connor. The biggest toothbrush of the world. On the other side of the road was Lake Amadeus.

Next stop Yulara. There is a small supermarket but I didn't find what I was looking for.

We had one hour in our hotel next to Yulara and I walked to a lookout. You can see Ayers Rock and the Olgas from lookout.

Next stop at the Olgas (Kata Tjuta) we walked Walpa Gorge Walk this way is through the Olgas and ends at a lookout. We walked back to our bus and stopped at another lookout.

Next stop (one hour before sunset) we were at Ayers Rock sunset point. A few buses were there before we arrived. The Olgas and Ayers Rock are in a National Park and there are specified car/bus parks. So other groups wanted to see the sunset too and we met all at this point. There were severeal desks with sparkling wine and our bus driver arranged one more for our group. At our back were buses and behind them sunset and in front of us Ayers Rock. I walked arround took photos from both events. And the third event: tourist confluence. Further buses and people arrived. We drunk and ate and sun cames down, Ayers Rock got illuminated. Many people took jolly pictures. Hold the Ayers Rock, kiss the Ayers Rock, put a hand on Ayers Rock. After sunset the buses left car park and national park. We drove to our hotel.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0286s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb