Day 23 - Alice springs and the couch


Advertisement
Published: April 30th 2015
Edit Blog Post

My sick day viewMy sick day viewMy sick day view

The sightseeing for the day
Well sadly it was a big non event today. So pretty small post. I ended up with a migraine over night. So the correlation between migraines and work is not completely true... 😞

So I have spent most of the day sleeping on the couch and chomping on nurofen and ice. I'm feeling mildly better but still very dopey (what's new I here you say!)



Dissappointing as we were intending to go for a bike ride today. And we were going to the nocturnal show at the desert park tonight. So missed both things... Rob made the most of the day by sitting in the sun and reading. Her only bought the book yesterday and is halfway through. It wasn't as windy as yesterday so much easier to stay warm. The sun is lovely when you can stay out of the wind.

The good news is, the door lock has arrived this afternoon. Rob rode his bike up to the Ford place to sort it out. The guys are dropping it off very soon and will install it. It'll be nice to ditch the occy strap!

We have decided to go through to Uluru tomorrow.
The viewThe viewThe view

At least it was sunny
Originally thought about a bus tour but realise its better to do our own thing. We intend to drive to Ayers rock resort tomorrow stopping and seeing various sites along the way. Stay overnight and then go to Uluru for the whole day on Saturday. There are buses that take you over to Uluru so we wont have to take the Bago out, which is great. The good thing is you have the whole day to wander about and see all aspects of the area. We can do the sunset park too before getting back to the camp grounds. Sounds pretty good. The plan will be to go to Kings Canyon the next day and stay 2 nights there as well. Much easier to enjoy all the aspects of these amazing places.

Well our door has been fixed so that's great news! Well going to have an early night so i can be firing on all 4 cylinders tomorrow! Oh happy 4th anniversary to Kirby and Waz! xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

The viewThe view
The view

Looks a bit different from the other window!
The viewThe view
The view

And finally, looking north!
the good news!the good news!
the good news!

a new door lock!


Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1056s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb