Tooraweenah


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales
July 11th 2011
Published: July 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Monday 11th July
Today we headed towards Coonabarabran but decided to stay at a small caravan park at Tooraweenah about 80klm before Coonbarabran on the road to the Warrumbung National Park.
Tooraweenah is a very small county town (only about 6 streets) but still has quite a few of its old buildings still in use and kept very nice. This park is very small and old style but very clean and very nice and very friendly owners.
Tuesday 12 July - we spent the day checking out the National Park - did the treck to Tara Cave to check out the aboriginal carving and spectacular views over the vulcanic range. Checked out the Canyon walk and the friendly Kangaroos having their afternoon tea. Then drove up the very windy road to the Siding Spring Observatory. The view from this observatory was just spetacular.
The area around Coonabarabran is renown for very clear sky's and there are quite a few observatories in the area even some small ones on private properties. The weather today was just fantastic after a very cold frosty night (-3.9 degrees) - there was ice on the windscreen of the car and the lawn around the caravan.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



14th July 2011

I am enjoying your travels too!
Great to view all the wonderful places you are travelling into.... Nice to see where and when you reach each destination. looking forward to seeing you guys when you reach Mackay, lots to see and do here too..... love to you both Happy and safe travels Ric and Dawn xo

Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0803s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb