Back Breaking Work


Advertisement
Published: October 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Mother and JoeyMother and JoeyMother and Joey

This Joey, had dived head long in to her mums pouch, when she was frightened, is was so comical, she dived in head first, and there were just her legs poking out from the pouch.
Well, Tuesday already and the Finlay family were almost packed up by the time we surfaced, heavens the TVAN is so comfortable to sleep in.

We said our goodbyes, the next time we would catch up with them is at the 4 wheel drive club meeting at camping world Belconnen, (Memo to self - take Credit Card), on 8 November.

As soon as they pulled off from their camp spot, we vigorously waved them off and went and gathered all their wood, cold, heartless I know, but that’s what happened.

Once we had harvested their wood we went to the BBQ’ to do our breakfast.

We had another one of those busy days ahead of us, collecting wood, watching the flames dance in the fire, drinking copious amounts of tea, and reading our books in the sunshine, Caroline did mention something about going for a walk, but hey I might even go the whole hog and type some more blog up, how strenuous is that?

Caroline had a wander around to check out the wildlife, plenty of kangaroo’s and joey’s hanging around but this time it seems that emu’s were in abundance too, they would keep
Wild Emu'sWild Emu'sWild Emu's

For such a big creature, theydon't make any noise
a respectable distance from camp and if you tried to approach them to take a photo, then no matter how sneaky you were i.e. hiding behind the trees or pretending to walk away, they would work it out and gradually move further away, self preservation I am sure. This time we did not see any goanna’s or snakes.

It seems that the highlight of our exceptionally busy day, was our evening meal we had picked up some chicken drumsticks, (bad Idea) and coated them in something that can only be described as a Galvanising (spicy barbecue), these pesky chicken drumsticks took ages to cook on the BBQ, so they will be struck off our camp cooking list.

Which brings me to the best bit, we had the camp fire going and decided to practice with our jaffle iron ready for the cook off in November. We cannot reveal what we cooked, but it was a good one and very tasty, much needed after our disastrous chicken drumstick dinner.

The night sky was beautiful, the stars were appearing in abundance, but soon it was time to let the fire die out and so we headed indoors and to
Isn't she a sweetie, Isn't she a sweetie, Isn't she a sweetie,

Their tails facinate me, its so versatile.
bed.

Not a very exciting blog I know, but we are on holiday and it feels great to have some downtime and not rush around, it won’t be long before we are back on the treadmill again.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Wild Emu'sWild Emu's
Wild Emu's

For such a big creature, theydon't make any noise
Mother and JoeyMother and Joey
Mother and Joey

This Joey, had dived head long in to her mums pouch, when she was frightened, is was so comical, as there were just her legs poking out from the pouch.
Isn't she a sweetie, Isn't she a sweetie,
Isn't she a sweetie,

Their tails facinate me, its so versatile.
Swallow.Swallow.
Swallow.

We have been advised, these little birds were swallows ??


17th October 2011

Spare room for the rig here . . .
Hi to youse Warrumbunglers! Good to hear of the excellent adventures you're having. Will you be passing through here on your way back to Canbra? You're very welcome to spend a night or two here - let us know. Would love to catch up. Lee & Marilyn

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0532s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb