Tenterfield


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Tenterfield
February 6th 2012
Published: February 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Monday 6th Feb

Short drive to Tenterfield today after crossing the border from Qld, just a short drive out of Tenterfield - had a few short showers of rain but nothing heavy which we were thankful of as the road was quite windy but beautiful rain forest. Checked into a lovely small old caravan park (Tenterfield Lodge and CP) which has new owners and the park is looking great - the office is in the old house which was built in 1875 as a pub and is now accomodation for backpackers. Visited the Old Cork Tree - the seed was bought out from England and planted in 1861 - believed to be Australia's largest cork tree. Teneterfield is a lovely old town with beautiful gardens everywhere - I suppose the high rain fall helps everything to be so green.

Wednesday 8th Feb

Went for a drive to today to check out Thunderbolt's Hideout, Bald Rock and Boonoo Boonoo Falls. Captain Thurderbolt (as he was known) was a bushranger and hid in the rocks to escape the police. It was raining when we arrived at Bald Rock so only did the short walk to the base of the Rock as the rock was too slippery to climb, but the walk with all the ferns was just beautiful. Then onto Boonoo Boonoo Falls which was just spectacular with the amount of water going over the top of the rocks. I don't think the photos actually capture the full force of the water. Onto Ballina next (on the coast).


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.063s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb