First Step


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
March 3rd 2014
Published: June 26th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -33.8671, 151.207

Our first move on this journey was to travel to Sydney. Our plane leaves tomorrow morning at 9-30 but with check in times etc we could not fly from Adelaide early enough. So we headed to Sydney today.
The trip started inauspiciously with difficulties with the taxi. I rang at 12pm and told the dispatcher that we needed a taxi straight away and that our plane was due to leave at 1-25pm. The last couple of times I had ordered a taxi it had come within 5 minutes. This time, after 20 minutes I rang again and "Wayne" the dispatcher told me he had booked the cab for 1-25pm! After I explained again the taxi came 10 minutes later but then it took 30 minutes to get to the airport (even though the cabbie was terrific) so we were too late for the flight. However, Qantas were great and booked us on the next flight with no extra cost.

Our flight to Sydney was smooth and once there we walked to the Stamford Plaza Airport hotel. We had dinner at the AV8 bar, great fish and chips which we ate while watching the cricket. We then returned to the room and continued watching the cricket while connecting to the Internet. Unfortunately, though, the charge for this was $24-95. Most hotels in the world now have free internet access for guests. Stamford needs to realise this!!

We are booked on the shuttle to the International Terminal for 7-10am in the morning. Our plane to Chile leaves at 9-30am and we are really excited to get going on what should be a fantastic experience. Stand by for more interesting updates.


Advertisement



3rd March 2014

Have a great time Colleen and Fletch!

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.047s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb