My Aussie Backyard...Fungi of the Third Kingdom


Advertisement
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
November 12th 2016
Published: November 12th 2016
Edit Blog Post

My Aussie Backyard...Fungi of the Third Kingdom. Is a fish an animal? What about a spider? Do you know? It seems fish are animals...just like birds...and other things that slither, climb and crawl...spiders, lizards, snakes and insects...animals all they say. Then there are the rocks and the trees. That means I've got animal, vegetable and mineral in my Aussie backyard. Flora, fauna and rocks.... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 168, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

























12th November 2016

Photomycologist
Your ambivalent relationship with fungi is interesting, Dave....goes well with the Blues. Leonard Cohen's piece goes well with that....quite timely!
12th November 2016

Photomycologist
Thank you for commenting Tab...not everyone's cup of tea. But if one takes the time to consider, fungi are fascinating. My Aussie backyard quadrant of blogs now completed 'twas timely that Leonard Cohen could be honoured providing the score. "Love Itself" from the Ten New Songs CD...always transports me to the icy ancient walled town of Pingyao in Nthn China. Lots of emotions for me in this blog. Definitely timely!
12th November 2016

Good work Dave!!!
12th November 2016

Good work Dave!!!
Thanks Marcos. I hope you find the massive diversity of fungi interesting. I wonder if fungi varies around the World like animals and birds that can be unique to various countries or continents etc. Maybe worth a bit of Marcos Travelphilosophy while you wander the planet among our beautiful Kingdoms of life! If you come across some interesting fungi in your travels please send me a pic! You just never know when they will pop up.
12th November 2016

When is a leech a fungi?
I saw those sneaky pics of leeches. Thought you could pop them in there & no-one would notice? Well I'm reporting back just to show that I looked at all the photos! Whilst I'm at it, now I know why you return from long walks in the bush & haven't worked up a sweat ;-) All that aside, a great collection of photos & to think there are plenty of fungi not yet discovered...
12th November 2016

When is a leech a fungi?
Well spotted my love...but as usual there is a method to my madness. Fungi are usually in moist places and when photographing fungi and those suckers get on my legs...I kinda think like fungi those suckers start with an "F" rather than an "L" . That's when a leech is a fungi? Q.E.D!!!
13th November 2016

Nice one
I recognize those toes.
13th November 2016

Nice one
Reminds one that mycologists should also ensure their nails are done so in the event they need to pose with a beauty...that they look their best!
13th November 2016

Flora and fungi
So good to take a stroll in the backyard. Thank you for the masters level course. I feel well versed in all things fungi now.
13th November 2016

Flora and fungi
I always enjoy a stroll in my backyard 'cause I never know what I will see. I hope this blog prompts others to share the kingdoms of life in their own backyards for everyone else to see.
13th November 2016

Definitely Dave,if it happens to spot some mushrooms I will send you some pics..
13th November 2016

I will send you some pics
You are on Marcos. I'm intrigued as to what beauties are out there!
14th November 2016

The post has got my belly rumbling and my geeky side feeling very satisfied -- thank you for sharing your wonderfully diverse backyard with us!
14th November 2016

Satisfied!!!
"The post has got my belly rumbling and my geeky side feeling very satisfied". Now that's a comment for the ages Michelle. I think I'll frame it and put it in the pool room!
18th November 2016

Photos
Your photography skills are exemplary
19th November 2016

Photos
Thank you for your kind words Alan. The reason I joined Travelblog was to share my photos and not have them just gather dust. It warms the heart that you enjoy them too. I have thought for ages to do a Fungi blog and now i've done so I can move to another obsession!!!

Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0786s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb