My Aussie Backyard...the Rocks & the Trees


Advertisement
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
October 21st 2016
Published: October 21st 2016
Edit Blog Post

My Aussie Backyard...the Rocks & the Trees. It kinda begs the question...why the rocks & the trees? We love the birds that sing and the animalia that slither, climb and crawl. But what images are our deepest emotional attachment to Australia as our home? It's the rocks & trees that remind us of home when we are away...that welcome us when we return from our travels...the sap of our life blood.... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 147, Displayed: 21


Advertisement
























21st October 2016

Nice yard!
Dangerous One here......enjoyed your blog. Deforestation does lead to global warming. Need those trees in large numbers to do their thing. They are marvelous in so many ways.
21st October 2016

Nice yard!
Thanks for commenting Dave. My blog was really an expression of the warm fuzzy feeling I get when surrounded by the colours and textures of my backyard that are so distinctively Aussie. But you have caught the elephant in the room that I wondered about...the contribution of deforestation to global warming. That is a serious issue that threatens the balance of life on our planet. Well put comments Dave. Why do the powers to be ignore the obvious? How to reduce pollution is to save the trees!
21st October 2016

A walk in your backyard...
Linda, Will, and I really enjoyed our walk with you in your backyard. Thanks for this reminder.
21st October 2016

A walk in your backyard...
I remember it well too Bob. I looked at some pics of you guys on the bush track behind my place and also along the river at the bottom of the gorge when preparing this blog. I hope the textures and colours reminded you of your Aussie sojourn.
22nd October 2016
Angophera

Great blog
Amazing trees and backyard...MJ
22nd October 2016
Angophera

Great blog
Thanks MJ. When you think about it we take the trees and rocks for granted but they form the landscapes and without them we would have no air to breathe and no place to sit and watch the sunsets!
22nd October 2016

It's the rocks & trees that remind us of home when we are away
Isn't that so true, Dave! There are items that we tend to forget in our day-to-day life, but they would remind you of home when you are away. I often carry back a small piece of stone or a little bit of soil from a foreign land. They remind me of the land I visited many years ago when I nurture them in my solitary moments. People think I am crazy and I started believing so until I read your blog last night. No, I am not insane after all. I have a friend in far away Oz.
22nd October 2016

It's the rocks & trees that remind us of home when we are away
No you are not crazy Tab...certainly not as crazy as me! After all I am the one who took the photos of these rocks and trees.and many more besides! I look at them in my solitary moments and I have this overwhelming feeling that my identity is etched in therein. Not surprising if you believe home is where the heart is. Maybe you can show me your favourite rocks and trees one day if we can meet when we are in Canada again. Our son lives in Toronto so it can happen.
24th October 2016

Hey Dave, good explanation about photosynthesis cycle. I wish I was there to meet you...
24th October 2016

photosynthesis cycle
Howdy Marcos. If you are ever in Sydney you know who to call.
25th October 2016

Photos
I wish my photos would look as good as yours
25th October 2016

photos
As rocks and trees hold their poses and do not wriggle or move its gotta be determination to somehow capture their beauty that is the challenge. You would not believe how hard I find it. It's the angle of the sun (light) and persistence that I find makes the difference. I also take my time with each shot as I find if I snap and shoot I am usually always disappointed by the result as it is not properly composed. Enjoy taking photos and it will show in your pics Alan. Enjoy.
25th October 2016

Qi
You have exposed a chink of your soul in this blog & in doing so encouraged us to enter in & feel the beauty that surrounds us all wherever we are, thank you ☺️
26th October 2016

Qi
Thank you my love. Embracing the beauty around us is more pleasurable in my soul when I can share and enjoy it with you.
28th October 2016

We just need to introduce Ents
Nobody would be cutting trees if they existed ;) On another note, I have heard that Eucalyptus is good for keeping away mosquito's... Is this true or an urban legend?
28th October 2016

We just need to introduce Ents
Does that mean you spotted my pic of Treebeard, Ralf? Gotta say the Ents were my heroes...was it in the Return of the King? And oh to have more Forests of Fangorn. I wonder if you are witnessing widespread destruction of forests in your latest foray in Indonesia. Let me know.
30th October 2016

Mozzie bites
As a favourite evening meal for mozzies Ralf I can report being in a eucalypt forest with associated eucalypt vapour that reportedly gives bush a blue hue when viewed from distance does increase bushfire susceptibility but does not reduce mozzie bite susceptibility one iota. Eucalyptus oil is an antiseptic used for many things including relief from mozzie bites. I however prefer tea tree oil.
31st October 2016

Simply fabulous
That is some magic colours. /Ake
31st October 2016

Simply fabulous
A tree fern framed by a gum on the right and a casuarina on the left...with evening colours from my Aussie home. Oh to enjoy the colours of Sweden one day Ake.
22nd January 2017
Angophera

Incredible photo!
I love the perspective.
23rd January 2017
Angophera

Incredible photo!
Hi Chekeitha. There is something about the magnificence of trees, but not as easy to photograph i have found, notwithstanding they stand there gawking at you and at the most sway or wave to you. There are magnificent trees in Chile. I hope you can get among them. Thanks for commenting.

Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.068s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb