Wanderings in Australia - 5 - Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
February 20th 2015
Published: February 23rd 2015
Edit Blog Post

What a fantastic city Sydney was! There was so much to see and do, the people were friendly and helpful with an amazing ethnic mix resulting in a vibrant atmosphere and a wide choice of restaurants all of which seemed to be of good quality - but it was not a cheap city to stay in!!

Our first day showed us the highlights on a city tour. Sydney harbour was as spectacular as seen on the TV - but actually much better!! The Harbour bridge dominated the view across the shining blue waters of the harbour with the white shells of Sydney Opera House sparkling in the sun. Magical!! Bondi beach was exactly as one imagined - a sweeping stretch of white sand, deep blue sea with large rollers, surfers and bronzed bodies lying out under the blazing sun!!

Other highlights included wonderful views across the city from the observation deck of the Westfield Tower, a fabulous coastal walk between Bondi and Bronte - where we watched surfers battling with high surf - they seemed to be enjoying themselves!! A further trip on a harbour ferry took us to Watsons Bay where we enjoyed wonderful fish and chips at Doyles on the Beach restaurant with great views across the bay to the city skyline. A longer ferry journey transported us to another main city beach of Manly - the same Australian dream here - big surf, surfers, a white sandy beach and cafes, bars and restaurants!

Our "Discover Australia" tour has now finished, Jackie has flown home and we spent a few additional days enjoying Sydney, as well as catching up with laundry etc before setting off on our road trip to Adelaide.

Accommodation - Four Points by Sheraton Darling Harbour
- Meriton Serviced Apartments Pitt Street Sydney

Weather - mainly sunny and warm 26c with some cloudy days and occasional rain showers



Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



23rd February 2015

Sydney
Great pictures. I liked the look of Doyles! Didn't see any views from the top of the harbour bridge!
23rd February 2015

Great Memories...
...for Joanne and I when we were in Sydney in 1995. We also ate at Doyle's and explored the beaches and harbours. Surprised that you haven't walked across the top of the bridge!
23rd February 2015

Sydney
One of our favourite cites. Views are breathtaking especially from the flag at the top of the bridge. You sound as though you re having an amazing time, Enjoy x x

Tot: 0.16s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0992s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb