A few days in Seednee


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
August 18th 2006
Published: August 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Our trip to Sydney was a very short one, perhaps made shorter yet by the fact that in the first evening we'd done & seen everything we'd planned to (dinner & drinks with an old mate of mine in a bar by the Opera House looking out on sunset on the Harbour Bridge and Circular Quay).



All very nice, great photos, but what to do then?

We opted for a quick jaunt out to the famous Manley Beach on a local ferry...another chance to see the big sights above, this time from the water, and also a quite nice beach within commuting distance of the centre of town.

Sydney seems a lot like London, but with better weather. Certainly in contrast to Melbourne, there are quite a few more 'suits' about in Sydney, though the easy access to nice beaches and great seafood & wine do lend it some appeal.

Other than that, we just wandered about town, through the fishmarket and up to a nice area called Glebe. The old docklands area of town called The Rocks was quite nice, in particular the wee museum they have there which describes the changing face of this place.

Not feeling in the mood for any boozy nights out after the first night by the water, we opted for the very sad option of sitting in the room watching Frasier DVD's on the laptop..luxury!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0303s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb